Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#241672 - 08/01/08 02:45 AM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: NY Daisy]
kkisner Offline

Loc: Parks, AZ
I just joined this community, I'm 18 and was adopted when I was around 6. Up until I was 6 my mother and older half brother used to molest and rape me I have told no one until this last night when my girlfriend was over I told her about it. She was very supportive and told me that she was also raped when she was about 10. I was pleased to finally tell someone about it. Please talk to me about this I have no idea why I could tell her I have never been close to anyone even my adopted parents.

#241693 - 08/01/08 08:40 AM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: kkisner]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
kkisner,
good for you it is good to get it out in the open, that is were you can deal wit it. I dont know if you have been to the chat room,but thst is a great place to talk to others that are just like you. Please come and join us..
gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#241714 - 08/01/08 10:08 AM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: wojax]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Cobain,

As far as this site or any therapy goes, it's important to express to your g/f that this is something YOU need. It's not shutting her out to find peace for yourself. That's something I had to go through with my b/f, also because of this site. He is not ready to come here and the fact that I do was very stressful for him. I didn't lie to him and say I wouldn't come here because I needed the feedback, desperately. I explained that I wasn't doing it for him, I was doing it for ME. It made me a healthier person to see what others went through and are going through. This site provides a level of understanding that can't be found in our every day lives.

I can understand a little of the jealousy she may feel, but if put to her correctly, that it's not a replacement for her, it's just another avenue you are exploring to help YOU, perhaps she will understand.

ROCK ON......Trish

#241769 - 08/01/08 01:58 PM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: Trish4850]
Cobain28 Offline

Loc: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Well she's joined the site and I'm really glad that she did because it means that she's willing to be that supportive and discover all the different aspects of this with her by my side. I did talk to her and she understands much better now and we are really happy together and with good strength and wisdom we will always be. \:\)

kkisner, I'm glad you told someone about it, when I told someone it really was the first step towards making an honest to god effort to become the person that I see inside that I can be. Be proud of yourself for being strong enough to face these things.

Matthew

#241776 - 08/01/08 02:27 PM . [Re: NY Daisy]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 06:12 PM)

#241830 - 08/01/08 07:03 PM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: bardo213]
kkisner Offline

Loc: Parks, AZ
Thanks guys you have been helpful I went to the chat room last night and had a good talk with Barkabus or Mike he really helped me and hes the second person I have talked to about this.

Thanks kyle

#241972 - 08/02/08 02:32 PM Re: My Girlfriend And My Struggle [Re: kkisner]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kyle,

I am glad that I was there for you. Thanks for sharing man. Getting this crap out into the light of day releases the burden the secrecy puts on us. That was a brave move on your part Kyle. We're here for you man!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.