Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
6 registered (jahfree, Anura, Drummer, Cthulhu, john22, 1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64160 Topics
447745 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#240570 - 07/27/08 05:46 PM Re: Mom Problems [Re: Barkabus]
CDavid Offline

Mike,

The most telling thing...is the order in which they are offered, uh?

"Why does it have to be my fault?"

I can only speak from my experience. But it had to be "my" fault because I relied on them for everything. A place to stay, food to eat, my clothes and what minimal emotional contact there was.

It was easier to think, in the whole big broad spectrum of things...that it was my fault, because if it was their fault, I was screwed, nowhere and nothing was safe.

:-)

CD

#240613 - 07/27/08 09:08 PM Re: Mom Problems [Re: Barkabus]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Barkabus

Why does it have to be my fault?

My aunt always tells me how important it is to only keep my side of the road clean. At some point in our lives, we learn that keeping other people's side of the road clean prevents their stuff from spilling over onto our side. However, it takes way to much work and way too much responsibility to keep both sides of the road clean. At some point, we have to say "enough is enough. If your stuff starts spilling over to my side of the road, I'm just going to sweep it back."

Dave also has a great point. The day I thought of my mother and realized that everything she had ever told me was a lie, I also realized that my entire life was a lie. I was screwed. Every single friend I had ever held a grudge against, every single time I thought I was right...well...I owe a lot of people a lot of apologies. But that's my side of the road. I refuse to make excuses or apologies for my mother anymore.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#240618 - 07/27/08 09:29 PM Re: Mom Problems [Re: Barkabus]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Because your mom has no experience or knowledge on how to deal with the presentation of your issues, and there are also some boundary and/or codependancy issues going on too. Get her a copy of ABUSED BOYS, just so that maybe she will have some knowledge of that issue, maybe John Bradshaw's FAMILY book too, which you can give her after you get done with it. You didn't have this problem when she was 1000 miles away, or at least it wasn't enough of a problem that it needed to be dealt with. Now that you are close by, she and you need to resolve the one issue, and she needs more knowledge in order to be of help in resolving your other issues.

Look Mike, none of it is your fault.

Mark

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.