Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
arty (46), ava_adore (28), babs (63), bkeithb (49), shylo (34), si (22), universe (33)
Who's Online
5 registered (JW1230, Scott1962, 3 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63987 Topics
446594 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#240605 - 07/27/08 08:25 PM Interesting comment about another busted perp.
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
This comment is in reply to a local news article about yet another pillar of the community being busted as a perp (or, in this case, a wanna-be perp, ala internet sting)

The point of the reply to this local story suggests that maybe scant police resources are being ill-spent on catching "mob bosses" and not towards more meaningful and worthwhile law-enforcement endeavors, like protecting children.

The worthwhileness of these internet stings aside, what this commentator suggests, in and of itself, merits my attention, how about yours?

The comment:

"Which one of the following disciplines has never been convicted of child molestation: Teachers, priests, boy scout leader, church pastor, gym coach, artists, architects, doctors, plumbers, inmates, newspaper reporters, cops, judges, and finally a mafia godfather? Could it be my kid would have faired no safer than the company of Carlos Gambino, Profaci, Bannano, Anastsia, Genovese, Columbo, Marsallies, Trafficante, Zerreli, Raffa, Giacalone, Provanzo, Gotti, Giacana, Lansky, Rothstien, Cohen, Seagal, Guziak, Nitti, Capone, Luciano, than to walk alongside the pillars of the community? I can't think of one of these guys ever being convicted for raping a child. Anybody name a made man, who lived to be convicted of this crime? So is it safe to say, other than a mob boss,the rest of society is suspect on the issue of child molestation? Interesting statistic, and I'm still trying to come up with a name."

#240615 - 07/27/08 09:18 PM Re: Interesting comment about another busted perp. [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oddly enough, the only one of those disciplines that I can say with absolute certainty that I've never met before is a mafia godfather.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#240620 - 07/27/08 09:57 PM Re: Interesting comment about another busted perp. [Re: BJK]
youthfulheart62 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey(exit3)
the mafia is the strong hand of the Catholic Church...they dont care about me or you and children.Love of money is there game..and that feeds the abuse..they are into drugs and prostitution

Julian

#240621 - 07/27/08 09:58 PM Re: Interesting comment about another busted perp. [Re: youthfulheart62]
youthfulheart62 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey(exit3)
Oh,they care about there own..but even dogs do

#244445 - 08/14/08 05:14 AM Re: Interesting comment about another busted perp. [Re: youthfulheart62]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Truth is, when did the cops ever find a child abuser?
NEVER! They only get the one's that kids tell on, so
they have to resort to worthless stings to promote their
statistics on finding perps.

It's like a rat trying to kill a snake, that is my analogy
because another post talks about disclosure, and that stinks.
What do we tell the kids? Disclose and be seen as the perp!

That is the sick society we live in, with perps knowing that
is very unlikely that they will ever be caught.
That statement reflects the decades that perps go, before
they get caught, if ever.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.