Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, Won'tGiveUp, don64, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63648 Topics
444521 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#240350 - 07/26/08 12:31 PM personality type results for fun
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
ok, this may not be for everyone, but i took the enneagram test at similar minds web. they have other tests you can take and get to see what a computer generated program 'thinks' about what you report to it about yourself.

it is pretty dead on for me; i printed the results to pdf, then opened it, cropped the selection showing my results and turned it into a graphics file so i could share them with you.

it's all in good fun. who wants to be next?

ron

#240399 - 07/26/08 04:36 PM Re: personality type results for fun [Re: Sans Logos]
CDavid Offline

Ok, ron, which one did you take?

Here's mine...

CD

Advanced Global Personality Test Results

Extraversion |||||||||||||| 58%
Stability |||||||||||| 50%
Orderliness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Accommodation |||||||||||||||| 62%
Interdependence || 10%
Intellectual |||||||||||| 42%
Mystical |||||||||||||||| 70%
Artistic |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Religious |||||||||| 36%
Hedonism |||||||||||| 43%
Materialism |||||| 23%
Narcissism |||||||||||||||| 63%
Adventurousness |||||||||| 36%
Work ethic |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
Humanitarian |||||||||||| 50%
Conflict seeking |||| 16%
Need to dominate |||||||||||| 43%
Romantic |||||||||||||||| 63%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 50%
Anti-authority |||||||||||||| 56%
Wealth |||||| 23%
Dependency |||| 16%
Change averse |||||||||||| 43%
Cautiousness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Individuality |||||||||||||| 56%
Sexuality |||||||||||||||| 70%
Peter pan complex |||||| 23%
Family drive |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
Physical Activity |||||||||| 36%
Histrionic |||||| 30%
Paranoia |||||||||||| 43%
Vanity |||||||||||||| 56%
Honor |||||||||||||||||| 76%
Thriftiness |||||||||||||||| 70%

Stability results were medium which suggests you are moderately relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Orderliness results were high which suggests you are overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense too often of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.

Extraversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

trait snapshot:

clean, organized, dislikes chaos, semi neat freak, perfectionist, traditional, realist, fits in most places, enjoys managing others, risk averse, good at saving money, prudent, respects authority, high self control, hard working, does not like to stand out, follows the rules, finisher, resilient, takes precautions, cautious, honest, unfamiliar with the dark side of life, practical, dutiful

#240407 - 07/26/08 05:06 PM Re: personality type results for fun [Re: CDavid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think it's kind of odd that I scored high on anxiety, which is true, and on calmness, which is also actually true.

I scored highest on detachment, and that is pretty much spot on. I tend to be an observer, and I always have been. The hardest part of therapy for me was in learning to feel emotions. Once I was able to get used to feeling them, I started to observe them.

Aggressiveness and hypersensitivity were the lowest on the list, and these were also spot on. I tend to only be aggressive when I'm cornered, which is rare, and again, once I learned how to feel emotions, I was able to observe the way they affected me without much additional trouble.

As far as my variant being "social", I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'm what one might humorously call a "closet introvert". I tend to be the life of the party, but I also tend to shy away from social interaction.

I'm thinking I'm going to take the test that Dave took when I get home, too, because that one appears to be more thorough. I'm all for learning more about myself!

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||| 64%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 68%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 41%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 77%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 47%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 40%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 72%

Accuracy: - 5 hi 4 3 2 1 low

type score type behavior motivation
5 54 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
9 51 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
6 50 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
2 48 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
1 45 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
3 35 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
7 33 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
4 29 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
8 28 I must be strong and in control to be happy.

Your main type is Type 5 Your variant is social

Accuracy: - 5 hi 4 3 2 1 low Accuracy: - 5 hi 4 3 2 1 low

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

Edited by BJK (07/26/08 05:18 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#240513 - 07/27/08 11:21 AM Re: personality type results for fun [Re: BJK]
CDavid Offline

Interesting how, "I can take care of myself" comes out as narcissism in these tests.

Ain't it?

:-)

CD

#240528 - 07/27/08 12:09 PM Re: personality type results for fun [Re: CDavid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hmm...having been raised by someone who definitely had narcissistic characteristichs, I can say with a certain amount of authority that she needed others to take care of her.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.