Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
5 registered (Mr. Malaise, Suwanee, highflight, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442121 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#240052 - 07/24/08 08:40 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
CDavid Offline

Twenty-one pounds!?

That is like, both of mine put together...I bet he's fun.

"No, really, I mean it...give me food, now!"

:-)

CD

#240078 - 07/24/08 10:54 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: CDavid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

lol...

If he can't get me up at 5:00 AM for feeding time by licking my beard, he will climb on top of me and just stand there. It's amazing how little those paws become when a cat seems to be balancing his entire weight on one of them.

"Okay, okay...I'll get up."

Every time someone new gets to see him, I get the same reaction. "Holy cow! Is that a cat?"

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#240080 - 07/24/08 10:57 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
CDavid Offline

Hmmm...I see that, very typical, "I am putting up with you right now..." look...

LOL

CD

#240081 - 07/24/08 11:02 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: CDavid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

lol...more like, "you woke me up, this better be good."

I was trying to get a picture of him sleeping on his back with his paws curled up, but he has a sixth sense when it comes to cameras.

This is him with his "I'm not thinking of any devious or diabolical plan to annoy your right now...honest." look.

Edited by BJK (07/24/08 11:03 PM)

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#240083 - 07/24/08 11:08 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
CDavid Offline

That's a cool cat, Bryan...Tabbys are fun, I think...

Cd

#240090 - 07/24/08 11:18 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
My cat's fairly small, but when it's breakfast time and Daddy's still asleep? Well, it's kinda like this.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#240091 - 07/24/08 11:19 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: dgoods]
CDavid Offline

I have seen those...I think they are hillarious...LOL

CD

#240095 - 07/25/08 12:03 AM Re: My New Hobby [Re: CDavid]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Absolutely hilarious!

\:\)

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#240212 - 07/25/08 07:05 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

1987 Pontiac Firebird

This is mostly an '87 Firebird, I think, but it is hard to tell because it is actually a Pro-Street model that has been cannibalized from other Firebirds from the mid to late '80's. It's hard to distinguish between Firebirds from '85 to '87, especially when the hood on this bad boy is most certainly a custom job. The fake louvres, which were for cosmetic purposes only, are simply not there.

This bad boy was built to go, but I really didn't want to put this one together that bad. It came in a 3-pack with a '78 Trans Am and a '64 GTO, and I wanted the other two. However, I viewed this one as a great opportunity to try my hand at a two-tone paint job.

I'm glad I took this one to practice on, because the paint started to creep up the seems in the doors. I hadn't anticipated that, so now I'm brainstorming ways to prevent that from happening on future models. Other than that, I'm my own worst enemy. My impatience to get this one finished created a lot of paint smudges on the outside body which was otherwise another very nice air-brush job.

I also cannot emphasize enough...when a paint job is done well, you will know when the last coat is going on before you start on that last coat.

That said, this model sucked to put together. The parts didn't fit. I had to hold the roll-cage intact overnight with a clamp, and I had to scrape away a good eight of an inch to get the engine compartment to go together. To add insult to injury, I think my kitty stole the rear tail lights, so this model isn't yet complete.

To be frank, I'm looking forward to the '78 Trans Am. This one will probably be cannon fodder next year on the Fourth.

Next up: 1978 Pontiac Trans AM

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#241978 - 08/02/08 03:06 PM Re: My New Hobby [Re: BJK]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

1978 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Special Edition

Most people have noticed by now that I'm not really into "modern" vehicles. My postings so far have included no vehicles manufactured after 1970, but there must be an exception made for the generation 2 Trans Ams.

We might have to go back to the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air or the old Ford Model T's to find a car that so thoroughly defined a generation the way the Trans Am defined the 1970's. 1978 was the peak year for the car that was otherwise known as the Bandit TA, made enormously popular by the Smokey and the Bandit movie series of the era. Featuring told trim, gold decals, and gold wheels, the 1978 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition is in a class all by itself.

This bad boy featured a massive Oldsmobile 403 engine with a 4-bbl carburator and a "really neat" backwards hood scoop. T-tops and the distinctive rear spoiler round out the package. With very little competition in the muscle car market in the late '70's due to federal regulations and quickly rising gas prices, when Pontiac said "We build excitement" in 1978, they really meant it.

I'm pretty happy with this model. There was very little painting to do because it was molded in gloss black. I made do with two coats of black paint on the body, and the only trim work was painting the side lights and door handles.

Oh, I forgot to mention the golden honeycomb rims that were so popular with this model TA. Half the amount of time I spent on this model was painting those rims.

Next up: 1964 Pontiac GTO

Edited by BJK (08/02/08 05:21 PM)

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.