Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446669 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240013 - 07/24/08 05:07 PM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Andy,

My partner and I met on Yahoo Personals. I was encouraged to try it by one of my friends. I was looking for a serious long-term relationship. Neither one of us was just looking for a 'hook up'; we both wanted someone to grow old(er) with. We both wanted to meet someone who was around our same age so we'd have something to talk about and have some common references. We talked on the phone most nights for over a month before I rode my motorcycle the eighty miles to see him. I wanted to make sure that he knew that I was a survivor. When we met it was love at first sight.

We've been living together for over four years now and we love each other very much. We're planning on selling our respective houses so that we can buy one together. I think that he and I were just at the right place at the right time to meet like that. We were both ready for the commitment.

Words of caution about online stuff. There are a lot of people who aren't what they say they are and have unrealistic expectations. And I'm sure that a lot of people just want a free dinner date too.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

#240138 - 07/25/08 10:02 AM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: Stephen_5]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I know someone who tried some speed dating and it sounded like it might be fun and a reasonable way to meet people. You meet maybe 10-20 people for 5-10 minutes and go from there. In person, it seems like you'd learn more in 5 minutes that an hour on-line.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#240166 - 07/25/08 01:54 PM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: LandOfShadow]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Then there is the dark room method. Everyone sits across from either gender, the guys on one side and the gals on the other. Then the lights are turned off and everyone gets up and wanders blindly towards each other. Whoever you end-up with is your wife. I wonder how that would work out here in this country?

Mark

#245518 - 08/19/08 09:55 AM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: Trucker51]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
andy, update please!

#246141 - 08/21/08 11:25 PM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
Andy i can tell you i used singlenet and i met the woman of my dreams about 2 yrs ago and we're getting married in less then 5 weeks and i have had my ups / downs but let me just tell you if you're thinking about using the online dating scene.........i have one thing to say.......GO FOR IT i wish you the best........you never know if you'll meet that special someone .i know i never expected to meet lisa......the rest is history.

By the way there is aboslutley nothing at all wrong with using web site dating.....alot more people then you think use it everyday....

Coop

#246143 - 08/21/08 11:51 PM Re: Dating Websites.... [Re: thecoopstah]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Then there is the friend, that thinks you would be great together.

I see downsides to this method, who's motivations etc...

but, it seemed to work for me.

Website dating, seems to have its drawbacks in rural areas.

It's like, first you need to find someone compatable, and then you've got figure out the logisticts on how to carry her back to you're man-cave. (just kidding)

Somebody's out there somewhere...(Triumph)!!!

island

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.