Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, GT13568, Cthulhu, irishguym), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63210 Topics
441991 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#240131 - 07/25/08 08:38 AM Depression and Exercise
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
ok - so my therapist, my doctor, and a couple friends have all told me if I would exercise, even a little, it would help with my moods because of natural endorphins (or some-such-thing).

anyhoo - a couple weeks ago I got a pass to our local rec center - they open their pool for lap swimming at 5:30 3 times a week. Since I leave for work at 6:00 anyway, I decided I would force myself to try. And I'd do the "home gym" thing a couple days when the pool wasn't open.

And ya know somethin? It works. Oh, I'm not off my meds - but the difference on the days I do the exercises is very VERY noticable.

So if there's any of you die-hards out there suffering from anxiety, panic, depression - and saying "it will never work" - find the energy, drive, SOMEthing, to try it for a couple weeks. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This concludes this announcement.

;\)

M&m

#240136 - 07/25/08 09:54 AM Re: Depression and Exercise [Re: MarkK]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I dropped my anti-depressant this spring without any noticeable effect because I was running regularly. I'd say exercise (running) is as effective as Welbutrin, and much cheaper!

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#240159 - 07/25/08 01:13 PM Re: Depression and Exercise [Re: LandOfShadow]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
... with proper foot wear ...

M

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.