Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Jeremy (29), john22 (31), just starting (58)
Who's Online
3 registered (WalkingBuffalo, watzupwitu, Jed777), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64183 Topics
447873 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#239407 - 07/21/08 06:53 PM Re: fighting self [Re: blueshift]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
blueshift yes, we should be able to talk about this stuff here, especially in this forum. and why not? talk of 'self', and particularly letting go self, is right to the point of both religion and spirituality.

'i' am my own religion. i study and practice 'my' self every moment, even when i am not aware that i am doing so....... 'i' am automatic. the tenets of my beliefs result in millions of moments worth [1 year = 3153600 seconds, roughly] of gathered sense, perception and thought data, which are in the continual process of being developed, recorded, filed, accumulated, synthesized and passed on thru the fleeting moments, melting from one into the next and they carry the dna from one offshoot to the next, like jack's huge beanstalk trying to reach the 'sky'.

in this vein, the ego, born somewhere around the age of 1+ , is merely a construct of thought. it grows like that beanstalk throughout one's life, and religion/spirituality is just one of the many offshoots it sprouts, weaving along the way as a marvelous tangling narrative about who 'i' am. and of course, i believe everything it reports back to me, as if somehow these thoughts i think about 'my' self have substance and are rooted in something non-transitory. where do 'i' live? after investigation, i can't answer that question, but when all the searching is over, all i can know about me is that i am ultimately, only a memory that i have about myself.

daily upon awakening from slumber, my eyes open and the first thing i think is not 'oh crap i have to start all over again'. where was 'i' as i slept? no i just go on practicing the religion of 'self', unchallenged, recalling myself and acting like the person i have convinced myself [and everyone else] that i am.

so what the hell does that have to do with anything?

what it boils down to, is that i am highly invested in the religion of ron, and therefore have a duty to convert the whole world into my way of seeing. if i don't succeed, then my whole existence comes into question prior to my willingness to accept the truth that 'i' only exist in the past. to be certain, i recall myself, and repurpose myself, regenerating 'me' into the present and then as a projection into the future.

but, i can also, at any given moment along the way, interrupt the continuous practice of the religion of ron. i can ask 'who is it in the 'i am' that is me, that makes such claims?'.

in this inquiry i shift the paradigm from practicing the religion of ron, to expressing the spirituality of ron as soon as i realize that i am not the subject of the universe. that all that i am has merely arisen from a quality of the never ending awareness that existed prior to time and has no end. the end to the practice of the religion of ron comes with the realization that both 'i' and 'every other' am one with this essential being, and in that understanding, all divisions that i have created, both within myself and beyond, fade away and dissolve.

pretty whack, huh?

#239464 - 07/22/08 12:33 AM Re: fighting self [Re: Sans Logos]
hogan_dawg Offline

Jeeze, I dunno, I was talking with my men's group about the net today, and it was very 'grounding'...we'd better be careful or else the internet is going to become known as a place that attracts all kinds of kooky stuff.

BTW Ron good post. Not whacked. Interesting. I would gladly join the Church of Ron but I'd like you to be 'divine' and give me a Porsche GT3 - it would go a long way towards endearing yourself to this member of your flock. \:\)

I had another look at the Spirituality forum and there are conflicts there but all things considered, compared against other bulletin boards, there's a lot worse out there. There are guys who fight and name call and get their threads pulled over issues like "Which is best? Mac or PC?" when everyone whose Mother didn't smoke during pregnancy knows PC is far superior. lol

That piece of humor wasn't meant to belittle the thread starter but just to note that Male Survivor, from one perspective, isn't doing so badly considering the population and the topics up for discussion and the fact that posters are all anonymous and writing over the net.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/22/08 01:18 AM)

#239545 - 07/22/08 02:04 PM Re: fighting self [Re: Sans Logos]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Originally Posted By: Sans Logos

pretty whack, huh?

Utterly insain, ron! I don't know if the pharmaceutical companies have developed a drug to treat enlightenment yet. If they do, they'll have to find a way to get folks like the Dali Lama to publicly endorse/recommend it, or huge portions of the eastern world will be hopelessly lost in nirvana. (shudder) \:\)

#239547 - 07/22/08 02:15 PM Re: fighting self [Re: hogan_dawg]
blueshift Offline

Originally Posted By: hogan_dawg

I had another look at the Spirituality forum and there are conflicts there but all things considered, compared against other bulletin boards, there's a lot worse out there. There are guys who fight and name call and get their threads pulled over issues like "Which is best? Mac or PC?" when everyone whose Mother didn't smoke during pregnancy knows PC is far superior. lol

That piece of humor wasn't meant to belittle the thread starter but just to note that Male Survivor, from one perspective, isn't doing so badly considering the population and the topics up for discussion and the fact that posters are all anonymous and writing over the net.

I don't doubt it. My only other experience with other discussion forums has been on a hippie website where things are typically pretty mellow. I guess the thing about this site is that here keeping things calm is not just a luxury but a necessity. Other places can be like the verbal version of "ultimate fighting" and a lot of people in those places probably thrive on that kind of thing.

That said tho, anyone who thinks a pc is better than a mac is a BONEHEAD! (JUST KIDDING!) \:\)

#239548 - 07/22/08 02:36 PM Re: fighting self [Re: blueshift]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Hogan_dawg, I just have to say that "threadlockworthy" is my new favorite word.

The spiritual board's in a deadlock
We live with the threat of a threadlock
I guess that the mods
Know we post one part Gods
To three parts "You [born out of wedlock]!"

#239936 - 07/24/08 02:11 AM Re: fighting self [Re: MemoryVault]
blueshift Offline

That was a clever little limirwhatcamacal it! lol I love it! \:\)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.