Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (jq19712, Obi, CafeMan), 42 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#239623 - 07/22/08 10:47 PM Very strange call from the VA today
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I'll try and keep this short and to the point,however lately i have had a hard time doing as such but here goes.

I received a call today from the Va JFK Federal bldg in boston at 5pm on my cell phone...( keep in mind the VA offices close at 4PM...hmmmm sounds kind of suspicious if you ask me)

Anyway the man who called started asking me all kinds of questions and wanted to know if i was claiming this or that on my claim and if it's primary or secondary...."whoa whoa whoa i said who are you and why are you calling me on my cell phone at 5 oclcok in the afternoon... that he wants to expidite my claim and as a matter of fact is hand delivering it to the ratring board to be rated and i will hear something in the next day and a half.

The strange part was he kept saying how sorry he was for such a long delay and wants me to know that he wanted to make sure all the information was correct and the VA JUST RECEIVED my paperwork from my exam back in april( 3 1/2 months ago) how convient.

I told him i feel like i am being set up and really spooked and suspicious about this entire conversation sir.

About a month or so ago i contacted my congressmans office, i received a call back and the guy handling my case CC"D me an email he sent to ( unbeknowst to me at the time of course) the congessional liason for veterans

therefore i had her email i contacted her about my situation( the public is not supposed to have this womans email address...oops ..and this guy who screamed and disrespected me told me i broke confidentiality.....since when am i sworn to keep secrets or private information from others who are of the need to know..... and this congressmans aide calls me the next day flipping out on me and telling me i am stepping all over his toes and i seem to know what im doing therefore you're on your f*ckin own Mr C" using my last name....which i chose to keep private.

Well i turned him in to DC and spoke with the chief of staff and told him how i was treated and let me just say THIS GUY WAS PISSED to say the least and promised me i'd be hearing from him real soon and "not to worry i will make sure i take care of this and no one has a right to treat you this way it's comepletely unacceptable i'm sorry you were put through this"

So perhaps the phone call i got ( by the way the guy who called me told me the reason for him calling me to begin with is so my claim does not sit around for another month...i told him what has it been doing for the last 14 months)....today someone somewhere had their asses handed to them from the sounds of it.

This guy who called me from the VA said to me how sorry he was and wished me luck ,apoligized and wished me the best in the future and once again really sorry for the delay and hopes everything works out for me.

Sounds like you have to fight for yourself when you file a claim and be your best advocate to make damn sure all your ducks are lined up and all t's are crossed and all your I's dotted otherwise you get lost in the mix and no one gives a shit.

By the way i hope this post does not make some of you men angry or it does not sit well with you because i will not be pushed around and disappear because the system does not want to do their job(s).

I'm not special nor am i deserving of preferrential treament , not to mention feel like i am entitled to favors....i just want what i know is rightfully just and i did not wake up one day with this epiphany about the trauma and getting sick and discharged because i'm that smart the "system" if this was the case would have dismissed me and my ways a long time ago.The Va deals with thousands of people everyday...i am NOT one of those people who can manipulate with such vigor that no one can see right through...not happenning....not ever.

Coop

#239628 - 07/22/08 10:58 PM Re: Very strange call from the VA today [Re: thecoopstah]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
what a guy!

#239740 - 07/23/08 11:43 AM Re: Very strange call from the VA today [Re: thecoopstah]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
You da man, Coop!
Hope you got a name and extension of the person that called you. By tomorrow or Friday, I'd be calling back or visiting and seeing where the claim is if he was as high speed, low drag as he claimed.
It doesn't make ME mad in the slightest. You EARNED your benefits by virtue of the trauma that you didn't ask for. They have the obligation to pay up. Go get it!
When you get that rating, be kind enough, if you would, to update and let us know. It would bring a smile to my face to see someone get what they deserve.
Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#239772 - 07/23/08 01:43 PM Re: Very strange call from the VA today [Re: LN3(SS)]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
No extension however i did get his name....although i seriously doubt it was his real name afterall this guy sounded very apprehensive and on guard to not tell me to much information then he already did.

Coop

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.