Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443052 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#239595 - 07/22/08 08:24 PM Leaving ...Part 2
Liv2124 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
To everyone,
For many reasons, I'm leaving MS too. At least for awhile. I just want everyone to know what a source of inspiration they've been. Partner and survivor alike. Most everyone has "been there", "talked me down" etc. etc.
I'll be honest and admit defeat. I never once thought I'd actually lose him to this. I thought love would prevail. But in the end, "he", "they", "them"...the abusers, won. "They" win. After 30 years of fighting them, I'm throwing the towel in.
Always,
Liv

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1P6snQDgrA

#239598 - 07/22/08 08:48 PM Re: Leaving ...Part 2 [Re: Liv2124]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

we will miss you Liv. You have been there for many of us,your warmth and knowledge has been greatly appreciated. You must do what is best for you. My heart goes out to you and to him too. You have done all you could to help him, but try to remember it was not your war to win. He chose not to help himself, so you were fighting a losing battle ALONE. He needs to help himself. Please never feel bad, you tried your best,you gave everything you had, you did a wonderful job. You didn't let him down, he let you and himself down by not seeking help. It wasn't you, you did nothing wrong, after 30 years you deserve a medal.
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON, many people would have never lasted that long, you believed in love, and no one can blame you for that.

You deserve to be happy Liv, I hope your new start brings you some. Warmly, NYDAISY

#239618 - 07/22/08 10:35 PM Re: Leaving ...Part 2 [Re: NY Daisy]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
I'll miss you Liv, but I understand the need for a total break.
You're doing the right thing for yourself and it's about time to give the love and understanding you possess to the lady looking back from the mirror - she deserves all of it.

Please know that you're welcome back any time you feel the need or just need a friend who "knows."

ROCK ON........Trish

#239641 - 07/22/08 11:22 PM Re: Leaving ...Part 2 [Re: Trish4850]
Lee73 Offline

Will miss you. Thanks sooooo much for all you've done for me personally. You really have given me a lot of great advice and brought me this far. I really don't think I could have come this far without your support. Best of luck with your new start. I will be wishing only good things for you. Would love to know someday how you've settled in.

xoxoLee

#239650 - 07/23/08 12:09 AM Re: Leaving ...Part 2 [Re: Lee73]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
You will be missed. If you ever pop back in please say hello. I'm very sorry that your journey has ended so badly. You did all you could and then some. You are amazing and I hope you go do something great with yourself, because YOU deserve nothing less.
xoxox

#239669 - 07/23/08 05:19 AM Re: Leaving ...Part 2 [Re: dangal]
StartingOver08 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Baltimore
Liv, we just met the other day with the posting I submitted. Just from your reply I can tell you are a very loving person. I want to extend my Thanks for your concern. Oh by the way I'm not as down as my posting may've sound. I mainly wanted to shed some light on someone else's situation. Thank you again for the concern.

Love Phil

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.