Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
5 registered (Scott1962, Won'tGiveUp, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444481 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#239269 - 07/21/08 02:51 AM daughter's 6 birthday
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Yesterday, was my daughter's birthday and it was a wonderful day. We had family and friends over for her big day. She enjoyed every second of it.
Her and her 3 siblings were brought into our lives 18 months ago. They had been taken into custody by the LA County Social Services because of the neglect from their drug addicted parents.
I have known their mother since she was ten but had only seen her a few times in the last couple of years. My daughter Holly from my first marriage is her step-sister.
Through Holly a social worker called my wife Lisa and I. They wanted to know if we would be willing to adopt the four of them.
They had been unable to find any family members willing to take them in. And if they didn't find somebdy soon the four of them would be separated in the foster care system.
My wife had been laid from her job two years earlier and was thinking about going back to work. And we had been praying for GOD to show us HIS will for our lives.
Bang!! we recieve this call. We had our answer and we knew that this was GOD's will for us.
They were ages 4,3,2,and 8 weeks. It has been a big challenge and adjustment for all of us. But at the same it has been a big blessing for my wife and I.
I have been taught in recovery that it is important to give back and this is one way I can.
Also I suffered alot of pain as a child and I can never change this fact but I can try to protect these children by giving them a safe and loving home.
LIfe is good.
mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#239307 - 07/21/08 10:40 AM Re: daughter's 6 birthday [Re: michael banks]
CDavid Offline

I hope that your daughter had a wonderful birthday, Michael.

Keeping up with them all must be a challenge!!

:-)

CD

#239335 - 07/21/08 12:44 PM Re: daughter's 6 birthday [Re: CDavid]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Happy birthday!!! \:\) \:\) \:\) Glad it was fun! \:\)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.