Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (AlexT, pufferfish, don64, Tarobuns108, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441801 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#239261 - 07/21/08 02:06 AM [Movie Trigger Warning] Gone, Baby, Gone
Chester Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Just curious if there is a place we can post to warn each other about movies that can trigger.

We rented "Gone Baby, Gone" the other night and there is a very graphic scene that triggered me and had me troubled for a few days. If there is a place, please add this movie to it. If not, I'll just put up posts like this when I run into a movie with a possible trigger.

#239374 - 07/21/08 04:27 PM Re: [Movie Trigger Warning] Gone, Baby, Gone [Re: Chester]
Syntaxed Offline

Loc: St Louis, MO
I like the idea of posting warnings on triggers in media.

Gone, Baby, Gone did make me uncomfortable, and I know the scene you're talking about. I like the way the movie played out, though. You think it's a movie about one thing, and it turns out to be a philosophical question. The way the Casey Affleck character at the end sticks by his convictions was impressive, I thought.

That said, if anyone wants to watch the film, just skip the scene where the cops and Affleck are going into the house with the three drug users.

Peace.

http://sleepeatrepeat.blogspot.com

#243982 - 08/11/08 08:11 PM Re: [Movie Trigger Warning] Gone, Baby, Gone [Re: Syntaxed]
Chester Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Long Island, NY
Good suggestion. I didn't have the stomach to watch the rest!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.