Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (wearytraveler, Cthulhu), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#239083 - 07/19/08 11:20 PM Re: going insane [Re: CDavid]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
hmmm
somehow i think only one of us is serious

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#239085 - 07/19/08 11:23 PM Re: going insane [Re: MarkK]
CDavid Offline

uhm, about the vodka or feeling crazy...cuz, I have definately been there...

CD

#239087 - 07/19/08 11:30 PM Re: going insane [Re: MarkK]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Originally Posted By: MarkK
Originally Posted By: michael banks
Hang in there, pain comes with growth.
[no pain, no gain?]

CDavid - no, i'm sorry. it's not what i mean. but don't worry about it. i'm sure it's all me. i'm just looney.

i chase away good friends.
the better the friend, the harder i push them away.
i'm sitting here staring at the computer screen as if it were the 9th wonder of the world.
i want to cry
i want to laugh
i want to curl up in a ball in a corner and just have the world go away and leave me alone

and the worst part? i worry, as if there's anything that i can do about it. if i'm going crazy - i'm going crazy. if i'm not, i'm not.

so maybe i should just sit back and enjoy the ride?

or step on the accelerator and see if we can find out faster??

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#239089 - 07/19/08 11:33 PM Re: going insane [Re: michael banks]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
no pain, no gain.
In recovery there is alot of truth in this statement.

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#239133 - 07/20/08 08:31 AM Re: going insane [Re: michael banks]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

so maybe not crazy
maybe just alcoholic
or the onset of ... if i let it

#239135 - 07/20/08 08:42 AM Re: going insane [Re: MarkK]
CDavid Offline

One of the best things my therapist was ever able to hammer into me was...that what I was feeling made sense in the context of my experiences.

"No," he said, "you are not crazy. The situation was." As I try to sort out and figure out how anyone could do that...to a child, it makes me crazy...and, he says, "Of course it does. It is never going to make any sense to you, because you are not your father."

:-)

CD

#239137 - 07/20/08 08:57 AM Re: going insane [Re: CDavid]
CDavid Offline

It is sort of like the "Alice in Wonderland" story...how often do we hear that referenced? "how far down the rabit hole do you want to go?"

Alice was thrown into so many different situations that were crazy...and responded to them, of course, as though she were the one that was crazy.

CD

#239162 - 07/20/08 01:13 PM Re: going insane [Re: CDavid]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Mark;

I said a special prayer for you this morning in Church. Seems for me I oft times try to handle all my problems by myself. The road seems to get cluttered with branchs, twigs, ruts, detours and loss of sight. I can't see the forest thru the trees. I can't see any hope. I can't even think about a future. I feel lost.

Then for me I realize that I can not do it alone. I need the help of my friends, my family, my group members, my T and my God.
I am a coward and a weakling. I am nothing by myself. I know that for a fact. I am nothing alone.

That is why I ask for help from those I know want me to survive. They want me to make it to the other side.

I know you well enough Mark to know you are a Christian. God is always there for us. Believe me when I say, without my belief, I would not be here today.

Trust in your inner soul. He has given you many friends, I hope you will continue to reach out to them/us. We are here for you.

You are not going Insane. You are real in your feelings, you are a good man and a good father and husband. You have a purpose in life. I do hope and pray that on your road to recovery you will begin to see the "forest thru the trees". It is there for all of us.

We all hear you and are here for you.

Ken

PM anytime, I am always available for MY FRIEND!!!!

Edited by KENKEN (07/20/08 01:16 PM)

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#239182 - 07/20/08 03:10 PM . [Re: KENKEN]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 05:10 PM)

#239185 - 07/20/08 03:33 PM Re: going insane [Re: bardo213]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

AA? Not necessary. I haven't had anything to drink in over 5 years. And I wasn't a heavy drinker then - maybe 3 beers in a 12 month period. My statement about vodka being a "fix" is the temptation to numb out that way. Not because I am or have.

"Lightening up a little" is not happening. That's not who I am. My intensity is one of the few things about me that I think is a GOOD thing.

M

PS - Ken - my faith is about the only thing that keeps me going right now. That, supportive posts and PMs from friends - so thank you for both. And thanx for reminding me of my faith.

Doesn't cure anything - but helps.

M

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.