Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, AlexT, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441814 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#238802 - 07/18/08 03:14 PM Not sure how to get this to the board programmers
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Guys, there's been GREAT impressive improvements in this site over the years i've been here - i don't think anyone in admin realizes this and want to find out how to get the message out hopefully for "fixing".

on the guys boards when you go to Active topics and click on it, the most recent post is brought up- logically as it's usually a way we all go to see the "updates" on strands we've been following.

but on theF & F boards it does the opposite (and us partners tend to be particularly long winded \:\) --- so we have to go through to page 5 or whatever and figure out where the additional new posts started.

could the F& F be set up like the guys re: Active topics-

thanks for ALL you do so incredibly. An

#238870 - 07/18/08 11:15 PM Re: Not sure how to get this to the board programmers [Re: An]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Hi An,

All of the forums are set up the same way. If you click on a thread to read the last post are you clicking on the title? If you are, then you'll definitely be taken to the beginning but if you click all the way over to the right where it says, for instance "Today at 3:14p.m." you'll be taken straight to the last post.

I don't know if this is the problem or not, just a shot in the dark.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#239164 - 07/20/08 01:24 PM Re: Not sure how to get this to the board programmers [Re: Trish4850]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi An,

I can only agree with Trish. All forums are set up the same way but can be controlled in your personal preferences to some extent. Certainly the webmaster has not set F&F up differently than the rest of the forums. They all act exactly the same on my computer no matter whether I'm using IE, FireFox, Opera, or Safari browsers. I'd start by checking your MS preferences under the "My Stuff" tab on your MS screen.

If you can't figure out anything send a PM to the webmaster at user name "Nathan". Perhaps he can take a look at your account and give you some tips on what's happening and what to do about it.

John

#239291 - 07/21/08 08:07 AM Re: Not sure how to get this to the board programmers [Re: WalkingSouth]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Wow- thanks- don't know why it seems when i'd go to active posts w/ the men's boards, i just must have been clicking diffrent than when i did it in F& F - I see what you mean- GOT IT NOW- THANKS!

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.