Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#238627 - 07/17/08 07:35 AM Buspar
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys, I dealt with the CSA for many years and recently found myself released from the care of my T. I felt great and things looked very good, so good in fact that I began fearing something would happen to take it all away like it did the night of the abuse. I began having symptoms like; difficulty swallowing, breathing difficulties, heart racing or palpatations etc. I had no idea what was going on and went to my local doctor. He examined me and found nothing out of the ordinary. He gave me a quiz and I filled it out. He came in with the results and reported to me that I had anxiety and a healthy dose of it from the test results. He prescribed buspar and I failed to take it, I did not believe my symptoms could be manifested by my brain. Two or three weeks passed and I woke up, realized that I did in deed have anxiety. I realized that I have had anxiety most of my life and it began the minute my abuse started. I dealt with the abuse with a T and that worked well but it did not clear up the chemical imbalance in my brain.

Long story short, if you look up the signs and symptoms of anxiety you may find that you are dealing with it as was I without knowing you have it. Since I have been taking buspar I can't begin to describe how much better I feel. I can only say that I feel like I used to long ago. I can concentrate, focus, laugh and enjoy the day to day activities without the mood swings and fear coming in and taking it all away.

I am the kind of person who hates to take meds but I recommend you take anti anxiety or any anti anything your doctor has prescribed. Trust them they know what they are doing.

I know many of you know this information and may have been on meds for some time but for the guys like me who don't listen well or don't trust everyone and like to fight things without help, trust me it works.

Take care,

Edited by John Oarc (07/17/08 07:36 AM)

#238635 - 07/17/08 09:24 AM Re: Buspar [Re: John Oarc]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
That's great news John!

Buspar was not doing enough for me to justify it's cost. I won't try it again until a generic is available. For now I am happy with using my controlled breathing (see "Anxiety and Panic Demystified" thread in Wellness thread, comments welcome), and clonazepam when I am having difficulty with racing thoughts.

Craig

Update:

Holy cow! I just did some research to find out when their patent will expire, because I would like to try it again, and Bristol-Myers Squibb is in a lot of trouble for anti-competitive acts with this and two other drugs. Acts including bribery and fraud!

Edited by cbfull (07/17/08 09:52 AM)

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#238639 - 07/17/08 10:16 AM Re: Buspar [Re: John Oarc]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I thought about trying Buspar. Perhaps I should reconsider. Even though your experience doesn't tell me really anything about what mine would be....

Quote:
The main disadvantage is that 1 to 3 weeks elapse before the anxiolytic activity becomes evident. (Wikipedia)

Did you notice this?

I've realized gradually that I think I am anxious all the time. I noticed brief periods of feeling calm but I don't really feel anxiety because I think I've been so continuously anxious all my life. You're right about the trust and fighting things with me. I don't trust doctors and I've noticed any kind of side effect gets me fearing the drug industry and worried about side effects and really anxious!

I'm glad it's working for you John.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#238830 - 07/18/08 07:02 PM Re: Buspar [Re: LandOfShadow]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I started back in the gym today, it's been a long time since I felt like going. This busbar along with all the work I have done dealing with the CSA is paying off wonderfully. I promise guys, I did not see any end in sight some time ago but trust me its there waiting for all of us.

Take care,

John Oarc

#239314 - 07/21/08 10:57 AM Re: Buspar [Re: John Oarc]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I think I might look into Buspar again. If my insurance will help with the cost, I think it will be worth another trial.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.