Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (learning2remember, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443097 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#238403 - 07/15/08 09:08 PM Los Angeles - SURFING
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Not looking for contact info or anything that might violate the board terms, but I want to put this out there..

I had a PM with someone about surfing. And acknowledged that of all the many, many things I've done towards healing or otherwise making peace with the world, surfing is the most effective and important.

So.......the idea of an MS surf patrol strikes me as RAD.

If there is anyone out there in LA who surfs or wants to learn and would like to put something together on a regular basis, lemme know.....

TW

#238463 - 07/16/08 08:05 AM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: testingWaters]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
I used to surf in Hawaii and LA when I was a teen, but I can't seem to catch the wave here in Salt Lake City. Good Luck!!

LW

#438548 - 06/18/13 09:31 AM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: testingWaters]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

If anyone is looking for me, I'm on a 9 foot longboard in Cocoa Beach. Wonderful trip, best therapy in the world. Hope to post about some new developments in a few days once I get the salt and sand off me.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#438549 - 06/18/13 09:56 AM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: testingWaters]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Hey TW, this is a great idea, thank you for putting your joy in this hobby out there. The guidelines caution personal contact information from being shared for 90 days from the time of registration so that survivors who come to our healing place can have a space to sort out the overwhelming emotions they may be confronting for the first time in years, even decades! I encourage everyone who is able in their personal recovery process to connect to healthy survivors in a group environment, challenge yourself and find those who are lifting themselves up and want others who are hurting to come with them, indeed, to come with us. Gathering survivors to a safe, empowering, challenging activity is a great way to help break out of our isolation as well as to connect with people who want to heal. If I were half the age, flexible at all and liked water and lived 3000 miles west.., well you get the idea.

My best to you TW, and to those who you "hang 10" with, aloha dude! I look forward to pictures and will come back to this post for updates.

Sam

#438555 - 06/18/13 11:22 AM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: testingWaters]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I would love to learn how to surf (and live in LA) but I'm stuck in the bay area (cold water).

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#438561 - 06/18/13 01:36 PM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: SamV]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Sam - not sure about TW since he posted this 5 years ago. I resurrected the thread because I wanted to follow precedence - not create it - for a surfing thread on MS.

Magellin, you can always surf the bay-side base of the Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco side), but it's still cold so you'd need a wet suit for sure. I can't stand cold water even with my wet suit, so while NJ has decent surf, I prefer just coming down to Florida.

I'll try to spare everyone the "surfing is life" crap. But I love the solitude, the way each wave has it's own character and promise, the way it teaches you to accept the forces you cannot control, but rather ride them the best you can. Metaphor alert.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#438563 - 06/18/13 01:50 PM Re: Los Angeles - SURFING [Re: testingWaters]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up, peace Sam

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.