Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (WriterKeith), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441314 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#238327 - 07/15/08 01:57 PM Haut de la Garenne (triggers)
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I just finished reading a series of what I would call horrifying articles about a group home in the UK that started out as a boys home, later to become a children's home. (Folks in the UK feel free to correct me on any of this information.) The group home started out as Jersey Home for Boys, and was later named Haut de la Garenne (Garenne translated to rabbit warren per one article. I put it through babelfish and got 'high of the wild rabbit.')

Nothing short of horrifying described the abuse, rape and torture of the children in this group home. The good news: an investigation is going on right now as evidence of torture in this home has been brought to public light. Below is a link to a news article on this place. Read with care.

---

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2...ere-burned.html

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#238338 - 07/15/08 03:30 PM Re: Haut de la Garenne (triggers) [Re: FormerTexan]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Dear God.... \:\(

#238343 - 07/15/08 03:46 PM Re: Haut de la Garenne (triggers) [Re: Trish4850]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Wow. Amazing the evil in this world. \:\( \:\( \:\(

#238351 - 07/15/08 04:57 PM Re: Haut de la Garenne (triggers) [Re: FormerTexan]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
Just to comment that Jersey is not in the UK, but the unspeakable acts that happened on that idyllic Island is beyond belief.
There is far more to the story than the media tell us, and many ppl are or were involved in this terrible crime against the most vulnerable, in a society which is wealthy.

Over 160 allegations have been made against certain ppl, including wealthy citizens, police, and other dignified miscreants of society who used these kids for their own perverted way of authority over the very kids they should be protecting.

There will obviously be the cover up, of certain individuals who will never be named because of rank or file, but, I do hope that this will not happen, because we need to know who really was involved in this "Crime of the Century"!

All we can ask is why?
But, I guess we can all relate to what the answer may be!

BTW there are many more homes under investigation.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.