Newest Members
TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo, Laurie
12485 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
era1 (31), GregoryP (50), GregoryParcell (50), junior (54), KDW78 (36), nansogre (48)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Bardo, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12485 Members
74 Forums
64147 Topics
447571 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#238057 - 07/14/08 09:04 AM Growing Up Crazy
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
I wondered why my family treated me like I was crazy. No one would believe me. My family, especially my mother, would tell our extended family how crazy I was, how touched, a little different, "his brain is wired differently than ours." I was always treated like there was something wrong with me mentally. I guess my fear now as I write this is that you will think so too. But that's the risk, right? Anyway, I had fought inside for years to over come that mental lable they slapped on me while growing up. Over the weekend, I discovered why they treated me this way. Dad was getting his sexual kicks with me and my sister. My sister, who was older, loved the attention and became very unnaturally close to my father and would even rationalize and support the beatings I would get. My mother was cold and distant, like an outsider looking in at my dad and sister's odd relationship. But my mother never wanted to do anything about it, in fact she would go to extreme to protect him at all costs. I look back and now I see that I was the sacrafice they made. There was a horrible secret that they couldn't let out and that horrible secret was me. I now realize they kept me crazy so that no one would believe me. I know this is true because I feel it in my gut so strongly when it came to me. I guess that is why I don't risk to tell anyone about what happened and I am still scared that I won't be believed.

#238063 - 07/14/08 09:23 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: LW1527]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
yep; they do that. they ignore you hoping you'll fade away, leaving you thinking you're are imagining things. they make you the scapegoat for their denial.

it happened. we believe you.

keep talking. we're listening

peace brother,

ron

#238066 - 07/14/08 09:47 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: Sans Logos]
hogan_dawg Offline

When CSA happens in incest, you get all kinds of thought distortions and perceptual distortions happening because the abuser sees the abused child every single day and he must maintain control of that child's life and mind, lest his secret become public. Further, the abuser has such power within the family that he can actually brainwash other members of the family to intellectually 'tow the line'. He'll aggress, tantrum, or charge various members of the family from time to time. He reconstructs history and he reconstructs the present. Moreover, incestuous parents, and even siblings, will physically abuse and emotionally hurt the child - but all the while twisting reality and twisting knife at the same time, sometimes unaware of the sexual twist that is happening behind closed doors - they just do it.

In the case of my family I don't tell them because they won't believe me.

CSA alone can make you crazy, and incest almost guarantees psychological fallout.

Oh, by the way, when you say this "I know this is true because I feel it in my gut so strongly when it came to me." that sentence proves you're not fucking crazy. It's the 'certainty' that is 'in your gut'. That's what you can trust when it comes to this junk.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/14/08 09:53 AM)

#238070 - 07/14/08 10:10 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: LW1527]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
LW1527

I believe you. You are coming to some important conclusions. What you say makes a lot of sense.

Were you the younger child?

Puffer

#238072 - 07/14/08 10:15 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: hogan_dawg]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
My family consisted of 7 siblings and my mom and dad. My brother who was 5 yrs older than my was my perp. As you said above, and I agree with everything said, I feel my whole family in some way or another knew something was happening/going on with me and my perp. brother. But nothing was ever said, no one came to my rescue. I was just the shy little kid who said little to nothing, who agreed with everyone, who played all by himself and stayed in his room most of the time.

I am not only dealing with the CSA but also the verbal and psychological abuse. No wonder I am so f...k'd up.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#238073 - 07/14/08 10:27 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: KENKEN]
hogan_dawg Offline

Is it usually the younger ones Puffer? Oh never mind, I see the DadPerp was getting both kids.

Oh by the way, since your Dad was getting kids of both sexes, I think the PDocs would call this guy an opportunistic pedophile, among other things. He's probably not doing it because he prefers males or having anything to do with how you looked or what you said or did. Kids are I guess easier pickings for these guys.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/14/08 10:35 AM)

#238075 - 07/14/08 11:21 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: hogan_dawg]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lw1527,
I believe you!!!
The horrible secret was not YOU!!!
The horrible secret was the abuse inflicted upon you and your sister by your father and protected by your mother.
I understand the scapegoat role. I also had to play this role in my family. I was the problem child and they focused on me instead of what was really going on in the family.
I am still the different one and today I see that as a posi
tive. I am the only in recovery and dealing with what really happened.
Cold and distant--did we have the same mother? haha
mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#238077 - 07/14/08 11:33 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: hogan_dawg]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
My abuser was gentle and loving when he wasn't abusing me. Sounds like I had it good right.

Either way it screws you up emotionally. You got mindphucked and so did I.

why, be scared you wont be believed? I can relate. I am sure alot of other suvivors can also.

Life is just a fantasy (Aldo Nova) "This is also our Reality."

#238078 - 07/14/08 11:51 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: pufferfish]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, I was the youngerone. Does that make a difference?

#238079 - 07/14/08 11:56 AM Re: Growing Up Crazy [Re: LW1527]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

My sister was older by 4 years. I remember screams in her room but I don't know if it was physical or sexual. I think he hit on her a few times, but he was in my room a lot. When we were younger like before I was 7 and she was 11, I remember standing naked in the bedroom and he was touching both of us as we stood at attention. Dad was a military man so we stood at attention and didn't move while it was going on. Sick!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.