Newest Members
JohnnyL, Kotar, MountainGirl, Obsydian, campAQT
12744 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GaEyeGuy (46), Luka M (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (Jwmcd2, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12744 Members
75 Forums
65623 Topics
458972 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#237980 - 07/13/08 09:59 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: BJK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Inflation is an economic factor. Economics is what drives Walmart's suppliers to go to China for labor. Walmart does not go to China to seek product. Their suppliers move production to China. Its NOT Walmart's fault. Rather, its a reality of manufacturing.

#237985 - 07/13/08 10:17 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, but inflation isn't what drives Wal-Mart to go to China to seek product. Inflation theoretically affects all economic factors equally. Wal-Mart forces their suppliers to move production to China because they are continually seeking to undercut their competitors' prices. Wal-Mart tells Hanes, we will no longer pay more than x dollars for a package of t-shirts, and Hanes has the choice to either move their production to a place that provides cheap labor or to lose distribution from the largest retailer in the world.

Of course, then the net effect is that everyone now gets cheap t-shirts from Hanes, but Wal-Mart has been the force setting the ball in motion for the past decade. Their demand for cheaper products has forced suppliers to move manufacturing to China. In the short term, cheaper t-shirts are a good thing. In the long term, it's not so good.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237986 - 07/13/08 10:24 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: BJK]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Greed makes the world spin, gentlemen.

#237988 - 07/13/08 10:27 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: BJK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah...but in the meantime...I'm sure enjoying those low prices \:D

With my disability income, I could not even afford to live without WallyWord. $2.50 for a big-ass bag of freeze-pops!

Our Wally Super-Fantastic World moved in 4 years ago, we have yet to lose a single other store to the pressure. I fought to patronize the non-wallies as long as i could. For meats and produce, I still go to the local chain. But when it comes to things like kids cereal, the saving is typically 33%.

So NOW, I see them as a blessing rather than a curse.

What pisses ME off about them is that the "greeter" at the door is not a "greeter" at all. He/She is there to check your receipt as you leave to ensure yer not stealing. These days, I've taken to ignoring her and walking right on past. Fk them, I paid! If they cant figure that out without an interogation...too bad!

#237989 - 07/13/08 10:29 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: MarkK]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I don't have a source for this, but I've heard McDonald's is the leading deforester of tropical rain forest in the world. To make room for their cows?

Something doesn't click, though...isn't there cows in the states to use? lol.

I don't know. LOL

#237990 - 07/13/08 10:37 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

BTW...if you really wanna hate WallyWorld...check out their HR Policies.

I was sitting in the hospital ER waitng area one day. There was a woman looking very serious and focused. I talked with her. She's a manager at the local Wally. Its her job to accompany any injured employee to the ER or Doctor.

I asked why? She could not tell me. I asked if the employee refused and wanted to go on their own time? She said that was simply not an option. What if I did not want you around me or the hospital at all while I was getting treated? She said it did not matter, Wally requires that a rep (of her title) be present and that she interview the injured employee before and after the ER visit.

She was a spooky bitch. Ex-military (which is all they hire for that particular position, according to her).

#237991 - 07/13/08 10:42 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: MarkK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: MarkK
Greed makes the world spin, gentlemen.

#237992 - 07/13/08 10:46 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: AndyJB2005]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: AndyJB2005
I don't have a source for this, but I've heard McDonald's is the leading deforester of tropical rain forest in the world. To make room for their cows?

Oh Andy!!! Come on...have you ever been to rain forest? It totally sucks! Its all full of icky bugs and snakes and creepy shit like that! And it keeps raining there! What's that all about???

Build condos there!!! Supply is still not meeting demand for living space.

#237997 - 07/13/08 11:11 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm glad everyone found some love and forgiveness on this thread. That's all.

#238000 - 07/13/08 11:20 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: testingWaters]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace and Love IS Groovy...I always say...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.