Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (Bluedogone, watzupwitu, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443150 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#237890 - 07/13/08 03:12 PM Resource Guides?
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I was thinking (ya,i know...uh-oh). Since we have a variety of faiths and belief systems represented here at MS, how about if we halt attacking, halt defending and halt marginalizing any other's religions or lack of religions and begin representing beliefs only when asked?

For example, I'm giving up on trying to explain where people are wrong about an element of Christianity, but if someone wants to know how MY particular flavor of Christianity treats a topic ASK ME....otherwise, I'M NOT GONNA OFFER \:\)

I've learned SO MUCH about Buddhism here at MS, I cant even begin to list it all. I find the wisdom found within Buddhism to be profoundly relevant to every-day life and CSA issues in particular. I embrace it!... and I don't want that aspect of learning and support to be limited in any holy war here.

I'd hope that I could float a question about "how does an atheist see issue X?" Do realize, I may be asking that not to challenge, but because I want to understand why/how my friend Skip thinks about X.

And if you donít wanna know what a Christian belief is on topic X, don't ask....we wont tell.

I dunno...just a thought *shrug*

Edited by Robbie Brown (07/13/08 05:00 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#237895 - 07/13/08 03:18 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Maybe Spirituality and Religion is too devisive to even be a named-forum? Maybe it should go? I'm sure the BOD has considered that.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#237896 - 07/13/08 03:25 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
hogan_dawg Offline

Deleted by ModTeam

Edited by ModTeam (07/13/08 03:38 PM)

#237898 - 07/13/08 03:33 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: hogan_dawg]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Deleted by ModTeam

Edited by ModTeam (07/13/08 03:37 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237899 - 07/13/08 03:35 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: hogan_dawg]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by ModTeam

Rob, I think your original post is wise and I say hear hear.

Edited by ModTeam (07/13/08 03:39 PM)

#237901 - 07/13/08 03:36 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: hogan_dawg]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Muslims have the same problem these days Hogan Dawg. There are Muslims whom are peace-loving and spiritual folks who would not hurt a fly. Then there's that minority that want to decapitate and explode anything that does not agree with them.

I look at the Muslim situation in order to try to understand where some of our MS bros are coming from. I lost someone VERY close to me in 9-11. I was ready to go to war against Islam. I use to believe "the only good Muslim is a ______"...you know... I use to judge ALL of Islam as fkd-up by its very nature. Sound familiar?

It took me YEARS to believe otherwise. I had to dig-into their faith to get enough understanding to realize that they are varied as the folks under the broad label of "Christian."

EDIT:

AND PLEASE....guys...I'm NOT saying that anyone here is not open-minded and has NOT LEARNED about Christianity.. MANY HERE WERE RAISED IN IT. I'm TRULY only saying what I had to do with Islam to get past my mis-understanding

Edited by Robbie Brown (07/13/08 03:51 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#237903 - 07/13/08 03:39 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a place of healing. Keep your posts in that vein or this thread too will be pulled.

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#237904 - 07/13/08 03:40 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: Still]
hogan_dawg Offline

I'm laughing because you said I offended your spiritual beliefs when you told me in a previous thread that your practice was secular.

I didn't know that you had spiritual beliefs in your secular practice.

I laughed because I can't make sense of it.

It's like saying I insult your Ferrari just after you tell me you don't own a Ferrari.

I also assumed you were egoless about your beliefs because you said that was a good thing. I just assumed the best in you. So I assumed you could wrap your head around my post in a positive way. That's a compliment for goodness sake.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/13/08 03:44 PM)

#237905 - 07/13/08 03:42 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: hogan_dawg]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Christians and Atheists have each marginalized the other's beliefs both directly and by insinuation. Anything that could be perceived as an attack would be against the guidelines. To avoid this, I recommend writing about your own experiences with your faith and how it has helped you, and not to mention any other poster here in connection with that.

It would be acceptable to mention another person's experience in your post or reply to a thread if they say something that resonates with you in a positive way. It would not be acceptable to take something someone else has said and argue that their beliefs are false or that they are wrong.

I think that the best way for this forum to work is this:

If you disagree with another person's beliefs, then don't post in threads they start.
Secondly, don't post things that will inflame others and incite argument. Sweeping statements of morality are a good example of what is NOT acceptable.

You are all adults. You know what will start arguments with others on the site. Don't do it. If you can't say something nice (positive), then don't say it at all.

#237907 - 07/13/08 03:45 PM Re: Resource Guides? [Re: hogan_dawg]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
The only time I've seen unfairness in this forum is when divisive topics are brought up without regard to others' triggers....

No matter who posts it (not singling anyone out here).

*shrug*

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.