Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, ethereo222, Doubter), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63225 Topics
442120 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#237857 - 07/13/08 01:28 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: testingWaters]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

So, how about posting some links that provide that Christianity is not intolerant of atheism?

Otherwise, I see no other purpose for this thread than to further flame an already ugly situation.

Bryan

Edited by BJK (07/13/08 01:31 PM)

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237858 - 07/13/08 01:37 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: testingWaters]
hogan_dawg Offline

But TestingWaters, you said in your post here that your practice was secular:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=237063&page=1&fpart=2

Hence, as secular, there are no spiritual beliefs. So I can't have tromped on your spiritual beliefs because they do not exist in a secular practice.

I appealed to your ability to interpret my words without ego, to interpret my remarks in a way that gave you peace, and that, I thought, was high flattery.

Please do accept my apologies for being presumptuous.

#237860 - 07/13/08 01:38 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: hogan_dawg]
hogan_dawg Offline

Bryan you asked

"So, how about posting some links that provide that Christianity is not intolerant of atheism?"

Ok I will:

http://www.firstunitariantoronto.org/index.htm

How's that? Atheists are welcomed if you do a little searching they are welcomed 'EXPLICITLY' and by name.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/13/08 01:40 PM)

#237861 - 07/13/08 01:41 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: hogan_dawg]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
All,
Perhaps everyone here should dialogue without ego.

Perhaps we should all focus on what we have in common.

Perhaps we should all practice the 'Love' that is at the core of so many religious and spiritual traditions.

Gerald

#237862 - 07/13/08 01:46 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: Gerald2007]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hogan, I am very happy that Gerald posted this and I agree. But I would like to make very clear in a non-judgmental way - your logical walk-through of my own beliefs "Hence, as secular, there are no spiritual beliefs. So I can't have tromped on your spiritual beliefs because they do not exist in a secular practice." is *inappropriate* and wholly contrasts what I had just posted requesting that we all be careful of not doing. Finito. Have a great weekend.

#237863 - 07/13/08 01:46 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: Gerald2007]
hogan_dawg Offline

Here we go:

http://www.firstunitariantoronto.org/membership.htm

"As a liberal religious movement, Unitarianism attracts independent thinkers into community who embrace differing beliefs within a context of mutual respect and shared values. We believe this context supports both strong individuals and a healthy, vibrant community. First Unitarian is a place where theists (believers in a personal God) and non-theists, Christians, Jews and Buddhists, the rational and the spiritual, can commune in an environment of common purpose and mutual respect. For parents of young children, we provide an alternative to more traditional approaches to religious education. And First Unitarian provides a liberal alternative to Metropolitan Community Church as a religious home for gay and lesbian individuals and families."

They're not my church, per se, but they're decidedly accepting atheists.

Does that suffice?

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/13/08 01:51 PM)

#237864 - 07/13/08 01:50 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: hogan_dawg]
hogan_dawg Offline

Testingwaters how can I insult your Ferrari if you say you don't own one?

#237865 - 07/13/08 01:51 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: hogan_dawg]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hogan, you are being aggressive. I am sending this thread to the mods.

#237866 - 07/13/08 01:51 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: hogan_dawg]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Interestingly, if you had followed our previous discussion, I'd already stated that a unitarian belief system does not view Christ as a deity, and therefore does not meet the modern definition of "Christianity".

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237867 - 07/13/08 01:53 PM Re: Many Christian groups accept gays [Re: testingWaters]
hogan_dawg Offline

Or you could not send a thread to the mods, and show me your Ferrari.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.