Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444013 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#237760 - 07/12/08 10:16 PM looking for some help
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
As some of you know my fiancee had a total hystrectomy(cervix/uterus) yesterday, yet i hate seeing her so uncomfortable ( although the last 6 months she was OVER THE TOP MISERABLE) however anything in which how she feels is better then what she went through with her menstraul cycle since we've been together.

i want to do more then i have already..

wait on her hand and foot,by choice of course,drop her off and pickher up at the hospital and actually spent the entire time in the recovery room....which is unheard of..

make her tea....put it this way i'd do anything for her to make the recovery process alot easier.

Are there any ladies or husbands whose wives had this procedure, if so, how were you able to make it as easy as possible for your wife/fiancee.

Just be there for her seems to me like not enough...

Coop

#237801 - 07/13/08 01:39 AM Re: looking for some help [Re: thecoopstah]
dangal Offline
New Here

Loc: seattle area
Ahhh Coop, you are tooo sweet \:\) I think you are doing plenty to show her how much you care. My husband after surgery got my a pick up stuff gadget to help me not have to bend. Read to her, with her. Play games. Most of the time when I'm having to be down the mental bordem is almost worse then the pain. Keep her stimulated when she's ready, I'm sure she's wiped now and isn't up to much. Help her manage her pain meds so she keeps up on it and know just being with her and being as darn caring as you are being is I'm sure just right in her book. You rock!

#237807 - 07/13/08 01:59 AM Re: looking for some help [Re: dangal]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Dear Coop, I am really glad your fianceemade it through. just being there is helping. She knows she has your love and support. When I had surgery a few years ago,my sister gave me a box of 96 crayola crayons and a barbie coloring book. I loved putting in highlights in the hair and makeup on her faces.I also liked wordsearch, both things I don't get to do this often. you are doing a good job, she's lucky, NYDAISY

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.