Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238120 - 07/14/08 03:30 PM Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! [Re: Trish4850]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Oh yeah, I forgot! Bryan and i are neighbors! *waves up north* Storm hit us, but not too bad. Just right. \:\)

#238679 - 07/17/08 05:03 PM Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! [Re: Trish4850]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I was living near Fellowship Club off of West 7th and Randolph when we got hit by an F-0 tornado Memorial Day weekend of 1998. Sounded like an old WWII bomber flying over really low as the cable and power went out. Then there were 15 minutes of non-stop sirens afterwards. It tore down a bunch of trees including 4 huge trees at Fellowship, and tore-up every garage in the alley 1.5 blocks south of Randolph, and knocked over a bunch of semi-trailers over at the old Schmidt's brewery. It tore down a bunch of trees up at Highland Park Golf Course east of Snelling too.

Almost got hit by an F-3 in Michigan in 1976. A gas station that I had once worked at was destroyed along with a tire store and a bank, and the roof was torn off a K-Mart store, along with 100 houses were destroyed in the neighborhood behind the store. It hit at the corner of Maple (15 Mile) and Orchard Lake Road in West Bloomfield, a NW Detroit suburb, in the Spring of 1976, 4 months after I had quit the job to go to college.

I've seen a bunch of waterspouts over both Lake Eire and Lake Michigan, and even got to drive a semi in the fringe of Hurricane Frederick in Alabama in 1979. And then there was the time that I got stuck in a 6-foot drift right in the middle of the road south of Redwood Falls before Christmas of 1996. Hit the thing going 45 mph with a load of Pig's Eye beer plus Cave Creek made at Cold Spring on the truck, and didn't make it!!!

Just before Christmas of 2006 we got over 4 feet of snow in a week here in Denver. Just glad that my wife and I were in Las Vegas instead!!!

How did you make out?

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.