Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63638 Topics
444455 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238120 - 07/14/08 03:30 PM Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! [Re: Trish4850]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Oh yeah, I forgot! Bryan and i are neighbors! *waves up north* Storm hit us, but not too bad. Just right. \:\)

#238679 - 07/17/08 05:03 PM Re: Auntie Em! Auntie Em! [Re: Trish4850]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I was living near Fellowship Club off of West 7th and Randolph when we got hit by an F-0 tornado Memorial Day weekend of 1998. Sounded like an old WWII bomber flying over really low as the cable and power went out. Then there were 15 minutes of non-stop sirens afterwards. It tore down a bunch of trees including 4 huge trees at Fellowship, and tore-up every garage in the alley 1.5 blocks south of Randolph, and knocked over a bunch of semi-trailers over at the old Schmidt's brewery. It tore down a bunch of trees up at Highland Park Golf Course east of Snelling too.

Almost got hit by an F-3 in Michigan in 1976. A gas station that I had once worked at was destroyed along with a tire store and a bank, and the roof was torn off a K-Mart store, along with 100 houses were destroyed in the neighborhood behind the store. It hit at the corner of Maple (15 Mile) and Orchard Lake Road in West Bloomfield, a NW Detroit suburb, in the Spring of 1976, 4 months after I had quit the job to go to college.

I've seen a bunch of waterspouts over both Lake Eire and Lake Michigan, and even got to drive a semi in the fringe of Hurricane Frederick in Alabama in 1979. And then there was the time that I got stuck in a 6-foot drift right in the middle of the road south of Redwood Falls before Christmas of 1996. Hit the thing going 45 mph with a load of Pig's Eye beer plus Cave Creek made at Cold Spring on the truck, and didn't make it!!!

Just before Christmas of 2006 we got over 4 feet of snow in a week here in Denver. Just glad that my wife and I were in Las Vegas instead!!!

How did you make out?

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.