Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
6 registered (royjay, JayBro, Jay1946, 3 invisible), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438132 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#237500 - 07/11/08 01:49 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I REALLY wish I had never posted this.

We are all in the same P.O.W. camp and are now taking-up segregations based upon secondary issues. That kills me.

Rob,

I'm glad you posted it. I don't see anyone here being disrespctful. In fact, I think this was a positive dicussion.

Bryan

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237506 - 07/11/08 02:18 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: mogigo]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
For something that isn't fun and admired, according to different people, violence is sure talked about a lot on this website.

Sometimes I feel we get off on it, like the mob surrounding a fight.

KICK HIS A**! YEAH! YEAH! I hope he dies! Burn in hell!

Am I crazy here?

And it triggers me to death -- all of it...it makes me hurt. But it's the one trigger that we're (I'm) supposed to put up with here at MS, because if I don't, if I speak out against it, if I say it hurts me, I'm not "understanding."

#237508 - 07/11/08 02:30 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: AndyJB2005]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm trying my hardest to be understanding here, and at the same time say how I feel honestly. I'm not the greatest at doing that. Forgive me if I've pissed anyone off.

#237511 - 07/11/08 02:44 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: AndyJB2005]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

I agree with you. Violence isn't an answer. It just further aggrevates problems. I really don't think you've pissed anyone off, either. I think there was just somewhat of a misunderstanding between you and Mike.

I'm sorry you're being hurt, but please believe me when I say that I understand.

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237513 - 07/11/08 02:47 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: AndyJB2005]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Andy, I don't enjoy anything about it, in fact I've never been in more pain than after I've gone into a rage, I've never felt like less of person than after I let those issues overcome me. My point was only to say I understand how people reach that point, and afterwards have so much regret that it got to there.

It felt like I was being assaulted myself when I lost it, and then when I lashed back I was told that I was in the wrong. The responsibility lies with person that hurt me to begin with. I don't have a hair trigger, in fact I can cite maybe once or twice that I got that angry in my entire life. And it took alot to ever make me feel like I had to stand up for myself and become a fight, rather than a flight.

I'm sorry too Andy, I never meant to trigger you or make you upset. I guess when two of us gets triggered it makes for a nasty fight. My trigger is being helpless to evil people, I just can't take that anymore. Thinking about someone assaulting my daughter makes me feel helpless. And I automatically take the fight stance, because with myself I didn't take fight or flight, I took dissociation and that turned into my life. I just don't want that for anyone anymore. Fight seems to make sense in some circumstances. It's not about enjoying it or liking it, to me it's about what will hurt less.

Nothing to forgive you for Andy, just a silly difference of opinion. Like I said "that's allowed"

Be strong Andy
Mike

#237525 - 07/11/08 03:38 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: mogigo]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Also, just for the record, my views are from someone who does have a hair trigger as a result of DID. I flip out, I lose it, I don't remember losing it, but at some point in my life, I had to start taking responsibility for that kind of thing.

I think I have that part of me under control, but if I was the father in this case, I would expect to be punished.

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#237543 - 07/11/08 06:20 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: BJK]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I hesitate to do this...but here's an update.

The 71 yo is not gonna be charged with anything. Apparently there's no evidence of any crime.

Still's Globs

New Video

#237595 - 07/11/08 10:34 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: Still]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

The 71 yo is not gonna be charged with anything. Apparently there's no evidence of any crime.

And let me guess, there's plenty of evidence to convict the father!!!

#237600 - 07/11/08 11:05 PM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: Still]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had a feeling this was going to happen mostly because I wasn't convinced that we had heard the whole story. I really hate to say it, but it sounds like we have the word of the father against the word of the alleged perp.

What does the boy have to say about this whole thing? A better question is, is anyone going to take him to see a therapist? It sounds like he's going to need one.

Bryan

What the world needs now
-David Lowery

#237638 - 07/12/08 08:43 AM Re: Arrest WHO??? [Re: BJK]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Im sorry for making this thread a 3-ring circus. I guess I was triggered and could have said things better, i think. I hope I havent lost friends. \:\(

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.