Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (Vedder32, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63420 Topics
443378 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#237512 - 07/11/08 02:46 PM Taking it Back
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I wanted to share this with everyone that has been of such help to me on this site.
As most of you know, I am trying to get my disability retirement from the US Navy from the things that happened to me while I was in the service.
I finally finished my reply to their technical motion to dismiss. But it is the conclusion that I want people here to read because it means so much to me. I wrote this after a lot of anger and despair and every other emotion that accompanies those two. I just had to put it in because HERE'S WHERE I STAND! Here it is:

"...followed by a rapid mental health decline caused by the sadistic actions of a sexual predator that was knowingly harbored aboard a U.S. Navy ship by its Commanding Officer. What is most significant is that the Plaintiff's service strikingly reveals the military's decision to conveniently ignore its own regulations regarding the proper diagnosis of a Personality Disorder and the military's continuing failure to properly support its male servicemen that have been the victim of sexual crimes and to provide those survivors the disability they deserve when they are no longer able to adequately serve their country because of the crimes perpetrated upon them."

Thank you all for helping me stay emotionally stable through all this. The worst is yet to come, but I know with the help of this site that I will make it through the rain.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#237514 - 07/11/08 02:53 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: LN3(SS)]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
That's a powerful indictment, and right on target. I hope the judge (or panel?) understands its value. But either way, congratulations for having written it!

David

#237521 - 07/11/08 03:19 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: MemoryVault]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
That is indeed a powerful statement. I truly hope it is a stepping stone towards peace in your life. You've earned it, you deserve it.

~Brian

#237526 - 07/11/08 03:46 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: frost]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Fantastic! My dad was in the Navy, CWO4. I have memories being a small kid and being sexually abused aboard the ship by two officers, one being my dad. Kick them once for me!

#237531 - 07/11/08 04:30 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: LW1527]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Very well stated LN3. It is succinct and unreserved yet without a sense of spite. I'm proud of you! Good luck with this. Keep us posted, would ya?

Mike

#237537 - 07/11/08 05:11 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: Barkabus]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Yes, we're all behind you!

#237666 - 07/12/08 12:50 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: LW1527]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Well done! You are an incredible hero! I really mean that! I have also been victimized in the military--not sexually but more like in "Deliverance" ..the "squeal like a pig" kind of crap. So in a way I feel represented by you in this fight and I just can't express how much I am rooting for you!

#237886 - 07/13/08 03:00 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: blueshift]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
That paragraph was put together very well. Do your thing brother. It makes a difference.

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#237888 - 07/13/08 03:03 PM Re: Taking it Back [Re: endlessjourney]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

Right-F*ck*ng-On. Thank you for doing this - you stand to help many others beyond yourself.

Edited by testingWaters (07/13/08 03:04 PM)

#239304 - 07/21/08 09:56 AM Re: Taking it Back [Re: testingWaters]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
That is an awesome statement, very powerful! Good for you!

In harmony,
Troy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.