Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (TOM2, 1 invisible), 20 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441726 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#237471 - 07/11/08 11:19 AM Diplomat: Sex with teens OK in some cultures
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

A former U.S. diplomat who was arrested and convicted of having sex with underage girls aged 14-17 as well as video taping the encounters in the Congo and Brazil is asking the judge for leniency because his actions are culturally acceptable in some countries.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25627617/

#237475 - 07/11/08 11:32 AM Re: Diplomat: Sex with teens OK in some cultures [Re: Barkabus]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
my specific thoughts on this are such that the person must be held accountable to his country's legislative standards.

generally speaking though, i feel and understand that the idea of sexual abuse itself is not about the age restriction as much as is is about predatory behavior, non-consensual sexual activity, power and robbing a person of any age of their human right to self-possession and a breach of their human right to self determination.

anywhere non-consensual sex occurs a crime against the person occurs that elicits rippling effects which immutably change the currency of their life, and demolishes their right to decide for themselves who they will or will not chose to become.

leniency? how about castration? is that lenient enough?

#237476 - 07/11/08 11:33 AM Re: Diplomat: Sex with teens OK in some cultures [Re: Barkabus]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mike Lew does dedicate a portion of his book to saying that sexual abuse is definined on a culture by culture basis.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.