Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
7 registered (CafeMan, Obi, Suwanee, pufferfish, blockade, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC), 21 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
441996 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#237431 - 07/11/08 09:36 AM Anti-Psychiatry
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Sigmund Freud denies the birth of Christ as a MYTH, thus in effect, denying the Deity of Christ. To Freud, Christianity was mere mythology. He says, "There can be no doubt that in the Christian myth, the original sin was one against the Father."
In another book entitled, CIVILIZATION AND ITS DISCONTENTS, Freud went on to say,

("One of these exceptional men calls himself my friend in his letters to me. I sent him my little book (FUTURE
OF AN ILLUSION) which treats of religion as an illusion,

Being an evolutionist, Freud also had to find a way to justify his false, un->

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#237435 - 07/11/08 09:46 AM Re: Anti-Psychiatry [Re: jcf1957]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh, my.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#237444 - 07/11/08 10:12 AM Re: Anti-Psychiatry [Re: jcf1957]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
wouldn't the open forum be a more appropriate forum for this type of propaganda which is rather an expression of personal philosophy and seems to provoke controversy?

the guideline subtitle for posting in the spirituality and survivors is clearly stated: 'Discussions about religion, spiritually, belief systems, and abuse'.

where is the connection to the healing process in terms of sexual abuse?

#237446 - 07/11/08 10:16 AM Re: Anti-Psychiatry [Re: BJK]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
jcf1957,

I'd like to quote my colleague Dwayne on such matters:

Quote:
If one wishes to proclaim the moral superiority of their particular beliefs over another set of beliefs, whatever they may be, then the place to do so is not here at MaleSurvivor. There are hundreds or thousands of other sites that cater to that sort of thing, and they will welcome you warmly, assuming you choose a site that shares your beliefs.

This place is about healing, not tearing each other down. If you can't post about spiritual matters in that vein and while keeping that in mind, then the Spirituality and Survivors forum is one that you need to refrain from being active in.

You're of course welcome to whatever beliefs convince you and strike you as worth believing, but here on MaleSurvivor we cannot host threads that confront other users with categorical absolutes that disallow any opposing or alternative view. If the very first post starting a thread promises to generate nothing but discord and hard feelings within the community, that places the thread beyond the limits of what we can accommodate and the thread will be pulled.

That's why I'm closing this one. Please feel free to PM me or any other moderator if you have questions.

Larry, aka roadrunner
For the ModTeam

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.