Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (randombreeze), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63557 Topics
444036 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#237406 - 07/11/08 07:04 AM finacee surgery ...so afraid yet optimistic
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I am pretty optimistic( yet still scared to death for both of us but for her most of all) this morning as my fiancee is going in for her surgery for a hysterectomy and although there are risks i am convinced she will be just fine( god willing )

Anyway i come to you men / women in this early morning 6:40AM ( although i have been up and awake since 5AM ) with so many emotions still fluttering around within me that i just need to allow the process , take my meds ...definitely,hopefully then my nerves will subside and i can move on to being there for lisa and enjoy and build a life i have always wanted with her.

I think the best part for me is i was told after the surgery her doctor will come out and talk with me ,let me know how it went and god willing i hope to god there are/were no complications whatsoever.

I cant help it sometimes when i get so emotional and can't process my thoughts and feelings which therefore either do one of two things

1) make me friggin nuts and become a lunatic
2) or try my best to accept the fact and have faith in the doctor ,who by the way is the best of the best( literally he was on the front cover of ladies journal back in 2002 for THE BEST and most dedicated doctor in the WORLD he won the vote in a landslide)

I know however i will certainly be really emotional and will certainly cry and i am so ok with that i have never had an issue with or question as to why i cry and get so emotional so easily.

I am however,although this could change yet i am prepared for this to be decided otherwise for reasons i have no control over and must accpet,grateful and relieved that the doctor told us on monday that i can be with lisa right up until they get ready to take her into the operating room at which time it will hit me that i am no longer able to see her and knowing in my heart she is in great hands yet the unknown rips me apart especially when it comes to someone like lisa i am SO IN LOVE WITH and want NOTHING BUT THE BEST ....she is clearly having the quality of care most people only dream about( at least it's this way for me at a hospital ...Newton-Wellsley hospital in Newton-Wellsley mass)

I want to thank all of you men (and women of course for all your support and comfort for being here for me when it mattered most.

I posted about how i felt the other night in the male survivor forum under the same post listed here on how i felt the other night.

I'd like to know if some of the ladies on here have ever had a total hysterectomy ( cervix and uterus is the procedure lisa is having dome this morning at 10:40AM)

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WOMEN with your menstral cycles in that until i met lisa i thought was not a big deal......well after being with a lady for almost 2 years( and reading up on it exstently i absolutely know and feel otherwise....you ladies have it rough and getting your period i hope it's not painful or filled with several issues lisa went through , she suffered for 6 months straight i witnessed her struggle....hopefully by 3pm today she'll be up ,awake and ready to go up to her room from the recovery room to stay overnight and come home to awaiting nerve wracked hubby to be, where she will be WELL TAKEN CARE OF FOR SURE.

Coop

#237414 - 07/11/08 08:41 AM Re: finacee surgery ...so afraid yet optimistic [Re: thecoopstah]
Junefriday Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Coop, I will be thinking about your fiancee today. It is very sweet how worried you are. It shows that you've permitted yourself to be vulnerable.

My mother and a good friend of mine both had total hysterectomies and did just fine. Though no surgery should be seen as "routine", this is not an unusual surgery. I am sure your fiancee will be up and at 'em again in no time.

#237478 - 07/11/08 11:47 AM Re: finacee surgery ...so afraid yet optimistic [Re: Junefriday]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Coop,

While I realize that it is so easy to say don't worry..your finacee will be fine, it is much harder for you to realize it because you love her and she plays a very important role in your life. All I can say, is both of you are in my prayers and I hope her surgery is uneventful.

Dan

#237482 - 07/11/08 12:07 PM Re: finacee surgery ...so afraid yet optimistic [Re: DanM]
CDavid Offline

My thoughts go out to ya, Coop.

My wife had what seems like, a similiar surgery. Breaking her lose, sending her home after just an overnight sucks. What they did not tell her, but I had prior experience with, is...a pillow between her knees and laying on her side is absolutely essential for comfort while sleeping. And...no vacuming. Vacuming is one of the hardest things on ya...who knew?

:-)

Hope everything goes well...

CD

#237496 - 07/11/08 01:37 PM Re: finacee surgery ...so afraid yet optimistic [Re: CDavid]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear Coop:

I'm sending you and Lisa both positive thoughts and energy. Keep your chin up.

S-n-S

cm 2007

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.