Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (Judith, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63362 Topics
443066 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237257 - 07/10/08 02:41 PM The Sprituality and Survivors forum
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

It should be noted that no religion on the planet has the lock on what spirituality is or is not, and all people have the right to pursue their beliefs in the spirituality forum. It is not, after all, the Christianity and Survivors, the Buddhism and Survivors, the Islam and Survivors, the Wicca and Survivors, or the Atheism and Survivors Forum. It is the Spirituality and Survivors Forum. It is to be used to discuss spirituality and how it pertains to our healing.

If one wishes to post about how one's own beliefs aid one's own recovery, then feel free to post it here.

If one wishes to proclaim the moral superiority of their particular beliefs over another set of beliefs, whatever they may be, then the place to do so is not here at MaleSurvivor. There are hundreds or thousands of other sites that cater to that sort of thing, and they will welcome you warmly, assuming you choose a site that shares your beliefs.

This place is about healing, not tearing each other down. If you can't post about spiritual matters in that vein and while keeping that in mind, then the Spirituality and Survivors forum is one that you need to refrain from being active in.

Dewey2k for myself, EGL, FormerTexan, Walkingsouth, TJ Jeff, Alexey, RoadRunner, and the rest of the ModTeam

(Edited to add RoadRunner to list of Moderators concurring with this post)

Edited by Dewey2k (07/11/08 10:33 AM)

#237261 - 07/10/08 02:50 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: Dewey2k]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...

#237264 - 07/10/08 02:54 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: Dewey2k]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Interesting; by that reply I take it that freedom of speech amounts to nothing.

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#237266 - 07/10/08 03:01 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: jcf1957]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

In this place where everyone here is struggling with the pain of abuse, are you saying you would use that freedom to inflict more pain?

#237267 - 07/10/08 03:10 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: Dewey2k]
Dewey2k Offline
MaleSurvivor

Additionally, we are not saying you can not discuss your faith, but that you should not use your faith to attack others and their beliefs.

#237270 - 07/10/08 03:20 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: Dewey2k]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hey. \:\)

I wanted to say I apologize if my posts are included in your warning in this thread. I wasn't intending to attack anyone, just to teach people more about my beliefs and how they've helped me, since it's not commonly talked about a lot of places.

Please let me know if I have offended, and please accept my apology if I have. \:\)

Peace and love. \:\)

#237272 - 07/10/08 03:22 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: jcf1957]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: jcf1957
Interesting; by that reply I take it that freedom of speech amounts to nothing.

Freedom of speech is an interesting thing. I know a lot of people that think it's one of the things in life that comes with no consequences. (Personally - I don't think ANYTHING in life comes without consequences)

Growing up, I had the right, through freedom of speech, to call my father a royal jack ass. I also would have paid the price for exercising that freedom.

There are prices here too. This site has been carefully (and I think very well) setup to protect those who frequent it. People can still exercise their freedom of speech - but, in my opinion at least, they should be prepared to pay the price.

I figure - this isn't MY site - so it's not MY rules. Which means I follow the rules set by others - even if I don't always care for them. First of all - it shows respect to those who administer and moderate the site. Secondly - I'm willing to drop a little of my "freedom of speech" for the privalege of being a member here. (Privalege - not right....)

My 3 cents worth.

M&m

#237274 - 07/10/08 03:30 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: jcf1957]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Freedom of speech is not unlimited. One cannot, to cite the oft-quoted example, shout "fire!" in a crowded theater.

Freedom of speech applies only in the public sphere. Governments cannot censor the speech of citizens in public; private websites, however, have every right to do so.

#237275 - 07/10/08 03:31 PM Re: The Sprituality and Survivors forum [Re: AndyJB2005]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i don't think he was talking about you andy. your posts were very neutral and informative.

#237278 - 07/10/08 03:40 PM Re: The Spirituality and Survivors forum [Re: Dewey2k]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Originally Posted By: Dewey2k
In this place where everyone here is struggling with the pain of abuse, are you saying you would use that freedom to inflict more pain?

I in no way shape or form endorse what you state.
I just feel that your position negates limitations on what or how people can express their feelings about their own personal affiliation and beliefs on their personal spiritual road to recovery. The fact is this forum has for too long been abused by superfulous crap. I for myself will abide by the rules you have stated. I just wanted to make a clear point of view in all this. No disrespect intended.

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.