Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (Jay1159), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64008 Topics
446740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#236874 - 07/08/08 10:42 PM Why do the rape apologists always...
James Landrith Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA, USA
make it about the erection????

I recently posted my story online and the single biggest "gotcha" argument of the rape deniers is always that an erection = consent. And they are all so sure that they'd be flaccid in a heartbeat...

How can so many men be so incredibly stupid with regard to their own bodies?

See:

http://www.theurbangrind.net/?p=2696
http://www.theurbangrind.net/?p=2694
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/ask-dr-helen-can-a-man-be-raped-by-a-woman/

I don't know if anyone here can explain it better to these bozos. I have comments awaiting moderation at the first two links, but since I'm the survivor in the story - they don't believe me anyway. I'd be grateful if a few members would leave comments on those threads. Thanks!

Edited by James Landrith (07/08/08 11:03 PM)
http://jameslandrith.com

#236927 - 07/09/08 07:29 AM Re: Why do the rape apologists always... [Re: James Landrith]
hogan_dawg Offline

Uphill battle my friend.

#236958 - 07/09/08 11:23 AM Re: Why do the rape apologists always... [Re: hogan_dawg]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I think they might say that because they feel guilty and want to come up with any excuse as to why you might've consented so they can feel better about themselves. Anyone who's an apologist for rape probably has some issues of their own that way. \:\(

#236963 - 07/09/08 11:54 AM Re: Why do the rape apologists always... [Re: AndyJB2005]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Because in a courtroom situation, the defense attorney will do anything the judge will allow to win his argument.

An erection seems to be something that even the judge will know about. In their limited viewpoint an erection is associated with a desire, which they have all experienced. So they think they are experts.

Those who have experienced abuse (us), know that an erection does not indicate consent, but only physiologic stimulation. I hope we know this. Some perps use this wrongly to fool their victims.

Those guys in the legal profession have never been abused (I know of an exception). That's why they get to where they are (judges, lawyers). They have never struggled with this idea and also the jury and courtroom are uneducated about this. So the attorneys use this but it is hitting below the belt (pun intended).

We need some expert witnesses who can testify that erection does not mean consent but only physical arousal even in a very negative context.

Puffer

#236970 - 07/09/08 12:40 PM Re: Why do the rape apologists always... [Re: pufferfish]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
I am outraged over such stupidity in our court systems. I was just reading last night about how boys who are sexually abused have an erection and that the abuser uses this against them. After the erection, the boy is massively confused about himself and what happened. Boy this brings back a lot of memories of my sexual abuse which included rape several times and left for dead. I agree, it is an "uphill battle" trying to convince these stupid, close-minded, dufflepuds! I think it's okay to be outraged. They are trying to lessen and throw away our pain and our horror.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.