Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
7 registered (Cthulhu, lapchinj, Robert Barrett, pufferfish, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441777 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#236820 - 07/08/08 04:55 PM Re: Inner Child? He's really there! [Re: bardo213]
LW1527 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City Ut
Thanks guys. You've helped me very much. Today, when I started having some sort of flashbacks, I felt overwhelmed and scared. I then thought of the little boy inside me and suddenly I became strong and protective towards him and the fear went away. The big me came out to protect the little me. This is new to me, but I've really got to check into this. Thanks again guys. You are the best!!

#236836 - 07/08/08 06:59 PM Re: Inner Child? He's really there! [Re: LW1527]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
LW, this is such a major thing making this connection. And your last post above where you realize the need to protect the little guy emphasizes that all the more. I'm really glad for you for all this. Thanks for sharing it with us here.

#236884 - 07/08/08 11:14 PM Re: Inner Child? He's really there! [Re: EGL]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
LW
I am so glad for you that you connected with your inner child. Take care of him, he needs you! I feel you will in time learn to Love that "little guy". You will never be alone again. You always have him to talk to, to hold, to relate to now that you are an adult.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#236905 - 07/09/08 12:27 AM Re: Inner Child? He's really there! [Re: bardo213]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
my Experience,

My therapist suggested I get some pictures of myself as a child, and start journaling.(So my mom gave me some pictures on her last visit)

Still, I didn't know how to get in touch with this child, or what I wanted to say. I couldn't find a book on the subject, chiefly because I didn't know where to look.

I did read, Raising Cain (subtitled: protecting the emotional well being of boys), which was a good read.

The real breakthrough for me was when I found a cassette (on the garbage pile)
it was called, The Forgotten Child Within (subtitled: discovering,nuturing and Healing your Inner Self) By Louise Hay.

After listening to that..I had no problem tapping into the little guy.

Hey kid ego,

island

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.