Newest Members
Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy
12338 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (PhoenixRising, finallyhere, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12338 Members
74 Forums
63431 Topics
443429 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#236794 - 07/08/08 01:42 PM DISCLOSE????
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Some of you may be aware of the situation in Gloucester MA, where a large number of High School GIRLS became pregnant this past school year. That vast majority were impregnated by guys in their 20s.

I bring this up not because it was a disclosure, but it is prima-facia evidence that the public defaults to blaming the sex-abuse victim far too often.

The news of the teen pregnancies were made public and the fingure of blame and shame pointed toward the girls in the well-rehearsed manner we are all so use to.

Some of the messages I've picked up from talk radio and the papers.

"Well...those Gloucester girls have always been easy."
"How can you blame these guys?"
"Gloucester girls go looking for it."
"Welfare efforts begin early in Gloucester."
"What do you expect??? Its Gloucester!!"
"MAN...I wish I grew up in that town!...hehehehe!"

I'm sorry to say I've heard NO comments on the age difference in these cases. The news reported that one of the guys was a 27 yo and many others were in their 20s. Some girls are as young as 13.

The normals behave LIKE F**KING ANIMALS in ANY child sex abuse cases where THEY think there were ANY options open to the victim; Like "why the heck did he go back for more?"

DOUBT ME THAT THEY ACT LIKE ANIMALS???? LOOK AT THIS VIDEO OF A JULY 4 PARADE FROM THE NEIGHBORING TOWN OF BEVERLY. THERE ARE SEVERAL PARADE ENTRIES THAT MOCK THESE GIRLS IN A VERY GROTESQUE MANNER...SO WATCH ALL OF IT PLEASE IF YOU WILL. BTW: IF I WAS PRESENT FOR THIS PARADE, I'D BE IN JAIL TODAY.

Oh...and this is the area I grew up in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwlDoUSyktI

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#236811 - 07/08/08 03:11 PM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Yikes! Who organized this parade? In any responsible place there would have been a storm of protest at this. Thanks for posting this video, Rob.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#236812 - 07/08/08 03:18 PM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: roadrunner]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
That's pretty stunning. Ugh.

#236818 - 07/08/08 04:46 PM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

My healing mentor was a football coach at a Div 1 university here in New England. He said that the guys they recruited from this area (area in and around Beverly) had a sence of entitelment that was so acute, it was a real problem.

So you can see what I was dealing with as a kid. My four perps were of this same heard of devils. Now the world can see who they blame in adult/child sexual abuse.

Disclosure would have meant the end of my life.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#236824 - 07/08/08 05:45 PM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: Still]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
That really does bring into sharp focus the mentality of people you were dealing with in the community there, Rob. I can't imagine a kid feeling like he had any chance at disclosure there.

#236830 - 07/08/08 06:08 PM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: EGL]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

VERY good news Eddie!

I hope it brings 100 times more shame upon them than they tried to put on the girls of Gloucester.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#236948 - 07/09/08 10:42 AM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: Still]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Rob...

watching that video makes me very very sad for those girls - it's almost unbelievable that floats like that would even be allowed into a parade

I can guarantee you that here in the small town I live in floats like that would NOT have been allowed!!!

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#236951 - 07/09/08 10:47 AM Re: DISCLOSE???? [Re: TJ jeff]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Having traveled in 49 states extensively over the past 25 years, I've found the New England blue-bloods to be particularly vicious, nasty and fowl human beings. Add to it the entitled "jock" mentality and tribal dynamic, you get horrible things like this happening to the perceived weak ones of the heard.

My heart breaks for these girls. It really does...and I HATE my home-town's people.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.