Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443052 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#234593 - 06/30/08 08:07 AM I don't understand
Justintime1 Offline

I dont understand how people can be so mean. im tired of trying figure this all out.just when I think im getting somewhere something happens, someone takes advantage, its like being back to the way it was before. i feel like just giving up. what is the whole point of this anyways, maybe it is just me, maybe it is what im meant for. i just dont get it.

#234614 - 06/30/08 08:54 AM Re: I don't understand [Re: Justintime1]
Jeff S. Offline

Loc: Northern WIsconsin
Don't give up. Most of the time, people aren't intending to be mean,they just don't know any better. Hang in there, it's not an easy process but things do get better. It's not just you. It's the screwed up world we live in.

Jeff

#234632 - 06/30/08 10:12 AM Re: I don't understand [Re: Jeff S.]
Justintime1 Offline

im so sick \:\(

#234661 - 06/30/08 12:30 PM Re: I don't understand [Re: Justintime1]
TNuss Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Del-A-Ware???
I understand how you are feeling, but don't let other's define who you are. Know in yourself that you are better, better then those that are mean. And as someone special said to me recently, "be good to yourself."

In harmony,
Troy

#234944 - 07/01/08 01:38 PM Re: I don't understand [Re: TNuss]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I don't think we can ever understand our abuse. That's something that will never make sense. I don't think figuring it out is necessary for healing. Maybe accepting that you will never figure it out is what's necessary for healing, I don't know.

#235377 - 07/02/08 10:52 PM Re: I don't understand [Re: blueshift]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Giving up can't be the right answer. I refuse to believe that. I can accept that the journey through recovery will be difficult and that it will present me with knowledge that will be painful for me to accept. But when people take advantage of me and my newly won knowledge, that reflects on them, not on me for seeeking to better myself. Have faith in yourself. If you want to give up, PM me. I will galdly talk to you about the price of giving up.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#235401 - 07/03/08 02:48 AM Re: I don't understand [Re: Justintime1]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Originally Posted By: Justintime1
what is the whole point of this anyways

Justintime1,

The above quote struck me as a very intuitive question. What IS the whole point of this?

A good friend of mine says, "When life throws you shit, make a shit sandwich" (slight paraphrase) but I think the idea here is that this is the hand you've been dealt, now it's up to you to make something of it... and I hope for you its the best damned shit sandwich out there.

I am at a point in my healing where I am able to appreciate specific aspects of life and depth that exist within me as a result of my experiences in childhood. I am finally starting to be able to accept my strength of character, and ability to make sense of things in the most impossible of circumstances.

So, back on point -- yes, you will encounter 'mean' people in this life. You will also encounter people whom inspire the good things inside you. For our current purposes I want to let you know that you have every right to feel the way you do. Everyone here has earned a lifetime ticket on the 'i feel like just giving up' train. To step that up, I'd say each of us needs to be there for a period of time but eventually you'll get to a point where you find it doesn't serve *you* to be there anymore.

So, while you're there, I would encourage you to check out one of the best parts about it: Fuck Recovery Day

Peace,
~Bri

#235941 - 07/05/08 07:16 AM Re: I don't understand [Re: frost]
CDavid Offline

Justintime1,

I knowwwww...and, I hate that, too.

"...just when I think im getting somewhere something happens, someone takes advantage, its like being back to the way it was before."

When I have a bad day I tend to forget...I tend to negate how far I've come and all the hard work it has taken to get here.

But...ya know?

Your post says, "someone takes advantage," It does not say, "I" messed up, screwed up, it is my fault, was my fault. That seems huge to me, as a survivor.

One of the hardest, but coolest things I've picked up along the way is, that...I can love, offer love, love someone...it is never wrong to love, but, there will always be those people that will pervert it, or take advantage of it. That does not make it wrong, or me wrong for loving. They are wrong.

It isn't wrong to hold out yer hand, justintime1, they were wrong for taking advantage.

CD

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.