Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (hike1972, randombreeze, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#235410 - 07/03/08 05:14 AM Back Again.
Wyclef_Bakr Offline

Loc: Doorstep of Thugz Mansion.
I have been having some trouble logging in, password not found or username not found. I spoke with my father about it and he offered that it might be because of how nervous and anxious I am about being here. So it would be a self conscious thing to have forgotten my password.

In my head I plan out posts I'd like to make and what they would all say and now I'm here nothing is coming out.

This is an overwhelming feeling, to be here with other men who have gone through the same struggle as I have. And I am unsure of where to begin.

#235411 - 07/03/08 06:06 AM Re: Back Again. [Re: Wyclef_Bakr]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Wyclef,
Welcome back. You have begun. I have been here for some months now, but don't post very often. I can surely identify with the feeling of having so many things floating around in my head, that I can't reduce them to a single topic for posting.

I know you will find suport in your recovery here. It's sounds like your father is also supportive. If so, that could be a great help.

One other thing: posting is not the only way this site can help. Just coming here is very helpful to me.

Take care,
Gerald

#235421 - 07/03/08 08:04 AM Re: Back Again. [Re: Wyclef_Bakr]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi wyclef, i am glad to meet you. don't worry about posting if you don't have anything to say initially. maybe you could start by responding to another post if what that person says resonates with you. you could share your experience in terms of their topic. eventually after being here a while you will become more adventurous. it takes longer for some than others, but whether you do or not, is not an indicator of anything at all. so you are cool no matter what you decide. if it helps feel free to send a private message to someone. some people feel more comfortable with personal contact. at any rate i am here for you if need anything.

your brother in recovery,

ron

#235448 - 07/03/08 10:29 AM Re: Back Again. [Re: Sans Logos]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wyclef,

I remember how nervous I was when I first started posting and logging onto this site. Take things at your own pace, and do not feel there is any one right way to all this that you have to follow. My sense is, at least based on my experience and posts I have read of others, is that it will get easier for you over time. My personal take is that by talking about or at least just bravely looking at the issues we all are dealing with, that we desensitize ourselves a bit from the more traumatic aspects of what each of us has experienced, which reduces the stress and nervousness. Please feel free to share what you can or want to, but also do so at your own pace.

Eric

#235508 - 07/03/08 03:33 PM Re: Back Again. [Re: ericc]
Wyclef_Bakr Offline

Loc: Doorstep of Thugz Mansion.
Thank you all for your input and advice. It is true, that being here has helped me a lot in the last few days.

#235511 - 07/03/08 03:39 PM Re: Back Again. [Re: Wyclef_Bakr]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Bakr, my friend,

Please take it easy and feel free to ease into the site as you feel safe and comfortable about it. There are no expectations on you. We are here for you whenever you feel you can talk about things, and we all recognize how difficult this can be. We've been there!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.