Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, Nothing Man), 70 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447968 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#235441 - 07/03/08 09:58 AM Infantilism *** may trigger ***
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Does anyone have any experience in Infantilism or in lay terms "Adult Baby," or has known someone who was into this?

Here's an explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

I feel like a lot of people who were abused as infants or toddlers experience this in some form, but I have no citation to back it up. Just wondering if someone had the same experience? I believe there's a correlation between abuse at such young ages and Infantilism in adults, but I don't know for sure...

#235444 - 07/03/08 10:09 AM Re: Infantilism *** may trigger *** [Re: AndyJB2005]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I actually have the opposite problem. As someone who was abused quite heavily as an infant and a toddler, I am heavily triggered in a negative way by a lot of things infants and toddlers do. I can't bear to be in the vicinity of a diaper changing, for instance, and I'm absolutely repulsed by baby-drool.

These are things I am working on directly in EMDR at the moment, but I do believe that what you say is true. If a toddler or infant is abused sexually in a way that is enjoyable to the infant or toddler, it is pretty easy to extrapolate how that might affect that infant or toddler's "fetishes" as he or she grows up.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#235455 - 07/03/08 10:57 AM Re: Infantilism *** may trigger *** [Re: BJK]
feelingafraid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 5,471 FT above sea level

Edited by feelingafraid (11/24/08 06:46 PM)

#235469 - 07/03/08 11:56 AM Re: Infantilism *** may trigger *** [Re: AndyJB2005]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Not infantilism

But I have had Peter Pan Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_pan_complex#Peter_Pan_syndrome

Caused by severe abuse especially at age 12.

It would be fun except that there was lots of anxiety and depression and apprehension with it.

Successfully treated by EMDR. Still have it some.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (07/03/08 12:01 PM)

#235495 - 07/03/08 02:32 PM Re: Infantilism *** may trigger *** [Re: AndyJB2005]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Andy

Why stop with our inner child when we can be an inner infant?

I knew a man who was an adult baby
Never gave much thought to whether it might have stemmed from abuse but thinking
about it now it could have (he died a few years ago from septic shock after a 2nd nose job... but that is another sad story)
I think powerlessness, control & helplessness have a lot to do with the appeal
As well as comfort, being taken care of & even disciplined
(my friend was a big gym gronk)
Maybe it's all in the diapers?

On another level trust has to be in there bigtime (I wrote a bit how basic trust is learned with "ma")
So perhaps with role playing?

I also read a great book years ago called "The Temptation of Innocence" by Pascal Bruckner that deals with
issues of responsibility & entitlement... (don't get me started on entitlement)
Infantilism figured into what he wrote about
He believes consumerism & victim mentality are major contributors as well

Hopefully this gave ya some food for thought?
(no mashed peas or strained carrots please)

C

ps... jolly jumpers rock

#235725 - 07/04/08 10:57 AM Re: Infantilism *** may trigger *** [Re: BJK]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I was abused at 4. What repelled me were incidental things of the perp. The kind of bedroom slippers he wore, the way he clipped his toe nails, etc. There was a certain shade of blue that kind of made me sick. It was surely something in my environment during that abuse. I have made a longer list but I can't remember most of them right now.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (07/04/08 03:38 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.