Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443048 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#235445 - 07/03/08 10:12 AM Technical Problems with PMs
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
PMs have been nominally functional at times.
Andy

I have not experienced what Andy describes (because I don't usually look at the 'read by' line, but I will from now on). Personally, however, I feel like I have sent quite a few PMs in the last few weeks that have been totally ignored. Maybe it's just me, maybe not. What Gives?

If we are truly losing PMs, is there a backup of them somewhere? Is there some master log where everything is recorded and can be retrieved, either selectively or en masse??? How long has this been going on, BTW and when were the Mods going to inform us??

Short of that, can I ask anybody except arronb, ineffable and Jarrad who has sent me a PM in the past two weeks to please look in your PM folder and resend them to me? Thad, are you listening?

Thank you so much,

Lazarus/Ric

#235453 - 07/03/08 10:49 AM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Lazarus]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Ric,

I haven't had any problem with PMs and wasn't told by any admin that there may be one, but I'll do my best to bring your concerns to the folks who perform the voodoo that makes this site work.

As for this:

Quote:
.....and when were the Mods going to inform us??

If we have a clue that there is a technical issue, we'll let the membership at large know about it so you can prepare or try to wiggle around it until it's fixed, but this isn't information we're privy too until it affects us as users too.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#235475 - 07/03/08 12:32 PM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Lazarus]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi guys, i have sent pm's to people, even ones who say to me in chat: 'send me a pm' (when they do that, i think to myself 'well, why would tell me to do that, if you wanted a private conversation with me, wouldn't you initiate it?) anyway, there i go again, analyzing things.....the entj that i am.

i go ahead and pm them, and then they DON'T RESPOND! wtf? ok, i am working on rejection and acceptance and blah blah blah, and all that does is remind me that i am here for me first and if they happen to get something out of my presence here (other than a trigger, u know what i mean?) then i have done my part.

at times like this, i refer to the 10th be-attitude: blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

now i know that smacks of pity party, but really, i live on the cusp of 'half-glass full' self-pity and half-glass empty searing honesty....... or is the other way around......

just PM if you have answer, i'll be waiting with bated breath to see that little mail sign flashing in my menu bar.

are we having fun yet?

ron

#235602 - 07/03/08 09:01 PM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Sans Logos]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ric,

Just a note to let you know this problem has been raised in the Mod Forum and will be addressed as soon as possible. This is something the Webmaster will have to deal with. The ModTeam doesn't have access to the areas of the site where this issue could be looked at, and some of us (speaking for myself) are pretty clueless anyway when it comes to IT concerns.

I myself haven't had any case where a PM seems to have gone missing.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#235613 - 07/03/08 09:30 PM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
If I may....

Are we all waiting to confirm the PM was properly sent after we press the SUBMIT button? Very frequently all looks well but the PM does not actually convert into a sent message.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#235619 - 07/03/08 09:58 PM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Still]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, Rob; that's what I'm beginning to suspect. Odd things have sure happened with me. I suppose I should send Nathan a PM, but he probably wouldn't respond because he probably wouldn't even get it. Sp, better yet: NATHAN, are YOU listening??? WIll somebody please call Nathan to the room?

Set's see, how optimistic am I?

Lazarus

#235666 - 07/04/08 01:15 AM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Lazarus]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
WTF Laz!!!!!

You gotta shout louder bro!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#235851 - 07/04/08 09:32 PM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Still]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Laz,

Some shouted loud enough, wonder why no one shot me a pm? The pm trouble has come up before and when I have worked with members there are several things that come up. One the site is acting slow and the user isnt waiting for the site to get your message sent before you close the window. Two the problem is a connection issue that resolved it self between your computer and the server. Three problem cannot be recreated on a my terminal which means it could be an issue with your security or internet filtering program.

I guess what am asking is why not just shot me a pm and we can work through these techie challenges. Looking forward to your pm Laz.

Nathan

#236016 - 07/05/08 11:49 AM Re: Technical Problems with PMs [Re: Nathan LaChine]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Seems like this conversation has gotten started in several locations. Personally, I like the one in the Member's Area Open Forum. I just posted a reply there.

Thanks Rob! Thanks Nathan!

Lazarus

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.