Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447937 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#234964 - 07/01/08 03:31 PM Re: Another comment from another new co-worker [Re: Hauser]
BJK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'd just take it for what it's worth, Alan. Doesn't sound to me like he was trying to be dominant, and he did give you an inside scoop into something your interested in. Right?

But we both know the hardest part is actually showing up to the gaming group. That's when the anxiety hits...the feeling of how much better it would be to stay home in familiar surroundings.

What the world needs now
Is some new words of wisdom
Like la la la la la la la la la.
-David Lowery

Having a friend who will keep a secret for you is worthless compared to a friend who won't keep a secret from you.

#234986 - 07/01/08 05:14 PM Re: Another comment from another new co-worker [Re: BJK]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
BJK, I can't believe I'm not the only person who had this problem. Most of the reason I think my problems got masked so much during my degree is there were so many places I had to go and things I had to do, that even on my bad days, even feeling anxious, I didn't have a choice. Now of course that i'm a post grad, I'm much more left to my own devices, and facing the anxiety of meeting a new group of people is something that's been hard, ----- even though I know once I get started I can usually get on with people, ---- despite the fact I have the "Your worthless, their only Tolerating you" thing going on.

Hauser, being as most of the people I run into are students and thus don't have kids (though I have met a couple that did), I don't generally have that problem, but the "do you have a Gf?" has been a really painful one for me. I even get asked it a lot because people mistake the copy of "The Ring from Lotr I ware for a wedding ring and think I'm married (despite the fact I'm wearing it on the wrong hand), ---- though the idea of me being married is even more unthinkable than me having a Gf.

In the past few years, I've been responding in a very flippent and self-deprecating way to that type of question, as a way of generally hiding my dispare.

#235275 - 07/02/08 01:49 PM Re: Another comment from another new co-worker [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
what's normal? who defines what is--isn't? each person for themselves as I see it.
each persons situations is different

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.