Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63541 Topics
443954 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#234487 - 06/29/08 06:00 PM What do I really think is going to happen...
Liv2124 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Alot has been happening lately... but today, my ex took my kids with him, and I had "alone time" to reflect on alot of things.
Last night I was invited to a work related function that I wanted to go to. I told my SO about it 2 weeks ago, but he wouldn't "commit" to going. I didn't hear from him until the night before said event, (when I reached out to him) and he bailed on it. I wasn't mad, but I was disappointed. I rarely, if ever, ask him to do anything for me. I needed 2-3 hours of his time.
Today, I actually sat down and asked myself what I really think is going to happen here. Things aren't always bad, but they aren't great either. Yes, I love him, but contrary to poetic convictions, love can't move mountains and it certainly can't move him.
He needs therapy. I can't make him go. I can take him there, even pay for it, but I can't make him go. I, myself, can't help him. And I know, I'm as close as anyone can ever get, to him.
I asked myself why last night's issue bothered me so much. It's because I never really ask anything of him because I always feel as though he's dealing with enough already. This time, I needed him to do something for me, for reasons of my own. He knew what those reasons were, and they weren't important enough to him. Sorry, but today, this translates to me, that I'M not important enough.
This isn't going to change. Why am I doing this?
Credit goes out to all the survivors I have posted to, and with. They have all been so honest and straight forward in their opinions. I can't say that I've never come across anyone who has berated me for asking a question, running something past them, or asking their opinion.
This isn't working, and I don't know how to make it work.
Why did he do this? Why did I let this happen? What does he want? Really?
Today, I'm sick of being the understanding one. I'm sick of his excuses.
Liv

My 17 year old daughter had a video playing on the computer recently and although I can't stand most of her music (typical parent) I was listening to it and thinking, "Someone knows about us." The lyrics were the definition of how I feel about him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QGg1gvs7QfM
Liv

I came back to edit. This credits Indygal and her post on closure. Here's my thing... having been with him for so long, loving him as much as I do, I feel guilty. Why? I, for the life of me, do NOT understand it. I've been okay with (just about) everything, I've been supportive, I've "stuck it out" (29-30 years MUST count for something) I've encouraged, taken the initiative, all the crap... Now what?

Edited by Liv2124 (06/29/08 06:34 PM)

#234530 - 06/29/08 09:35 PM Re: What do I really think is going to happen... [Re: Liv2124]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Liv, as you know I'm not in any kind of position to give advice or opinions on this, ---- but i am really sorry to here the state your at, and I really hope you can work through this in whatever way is best for you.

luke.

#234531 - 06/29/08 09:42 PM Re: What do I really think is going to happen... [Re: dark empathy]
Liv2124 Offline

Thank you Luke. Your support it really appreciated. Don't ever feel as though you are in no position to give advice. You are. You have feelings just like everyone else.
Liv

#234784 - 06/30/08 09:42 PM Re: What do I really think is going to happen... [Re: Liv2124]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Liv,

I'm sorry, but almost glad that you're even thinking this way. You've stayed through way more than many would, myself included, I think. Take care of yourself, please. That may mean crying and ranting and raving and throwing things, none of which are bad in my eyes if it releases some tension - just make sure no one else is in the line of fire.

I want to say more, but don't feel like I can right now (my issues, not yours) but I want you to know I'm thinking of you.

ROCK ON.....Trish

#235078 - 07/01/08 09:20 PM Re: What do I really think is going to happen... [Re: Trish4850]
Liv2124 Offline

Thanks Trish..

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.