Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#234852 - 07/01/08 03:59 AM Happy Canada Day
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
It's now officially July 1st in all parts of Canada.

So just thought I'd wish everyone a happy Canada Day.

Fact: Canada was established 141 years ago, 1867.

~Brian

P.S. Yes, there is a permanent maple leaf decal on the back of my vehicle. It's been that way for at least 7 years now.

P.P.S. Yes, I have a Canadian flag hanging in my front window for all the world to see right this moment.

#234858 - 07/01/08 05:25 AM Re: Happy Canada Day [Re: frost]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth

Happy Canada Day

Where's the party ?

#234918 - 07/01/08 11:05 AM Re: Happy Canada Day [Re: arronb]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Today is Canada Day I am leaving my home province in Atlantic Canada to visit relatives just outside Boston in Salem, Massachusetts. I will happily join with my American brethren south of the border for the July 4th Independence Day celebrations.
As I leave my home country today I am reflecting proudly about my home country and the many things it means to me.

Canada; My Home and Native Land. Whether it be for many generations or weeks or months for new arrival immigrants, starting a new life.
Canada remains a land of plenty with peace, hope, and tremendous promise for the future. Today Canada celebrates it's 141st Birthday. We are still a relatively young nation by historical standards. Yet; we have forged our own identity and have created (and continue to do so) a unique history and society that together has informed the world and given all Canadians a place to call home like none other on Earth.

Canadians often define themselves by comparing our society with our closest neighbours and friends to the south of us; the United States of America, which is perhaps a natural tendency for most Canadians. And while we've never been a world power like our neighbours, we have certainly benefited from our relationship and proximity while avoiding "some" of our neighbours excesses.

But; we are two distinct cultures, one born of revolution, the other as a slowly changing parliamentary democracy that maintains the British monarch as the figurehead of state. And in Canada we have the descendants of the early French and British settlers living together without assimilation and respecting each other's cultural rights and origins, even if at times with little weariness and tension.

All in all, however; Canada has shown the world how it is indeed possible for two significantly different cultures can co-habit one nation without serious conflict or civil war.
Our forefathers built a nation that spans a continent that has many distinct and unique regions, also with other cultures.

Yet; Canada somehow manages to be a nation that pulls together as one when necessary. From East to West Coast, from north to south, the differences melt away when it matters most.
Canada enjoys one of the best economies in the world, an enviable standard of living, and a quality of life as good as any other and unparalleled in the history of mankind.

Pessimists and cynics can point out that Canada still has many problems. But what they miss is that Canada is well positioned to meet our challenges and move ahead.
Canada continues to evolve and change as time passes, of course,
but in our own way and image. Our resourcefulness will see us through and continue to define us, just as it has for 141 years.
I have reason to be proud of my country. Happy Canada Day to all Canadian Male Survivors.

P.S.

I want to thank my American brethren here at Male Survivor for giving me the honorable privilege of being here.
Once again Thank You

Happy Canada Day
Chris

P.P.S.

O Canada

"O Canada":
I see mountains and valleys and rivers and trees; it is truly Mother Nature's warehouse.

"Our home and native land":
A place where families live with dignity on rich soil that shares food and beauty.

"True patriot":
Patriotism, a pride, a privilege to say, I, me, an individual, a committee of one, and dedicate all my worldly goods, to give without self-pity.

"love in all thy sons command":
That powerful youth that gives all their love and devotion, holding the standard with the Maple Leaf high in the air; for it is a symbol of courage and wherever she waves, she shouts "Freedom is everybody's job."

"With glowing hearts we see thee rise":
A warmth that incubates incentive; wisdom that feeds beyond superstition and ignorance.

"the true north strong":
She is that compass needle that points to inspiring reality, and the courage to struggle on, to find a dream and make it come true.

"and free":
That right of power for one to live his own life without fear or stress or any sort of retaliation.

"And stand on guard, O Canada":
Not that we want to flaunt our strength, but to be capable of facing the strongest should that enemy appear.

"We stand on guard for thee":
We protect all doctrines and share thy spirit of logic and reasoning.

"O Canada, glorious and free!":
That means justice, the principle and qualities of dealing fairly with others.

"O Canada , we stand on guard for thee":
So we can stand proud and say to our neighbor, "This is as much my country as it is yours."

This explication of the Canadian national anthem, "O Canada," was given by Brother Red Skelton during a visit to that country in 1990.

Edited by jcf1957 (07/01/08 12:01 PM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#234947 - 07/01/08 01:44 PM Re: Happy Canada Day [Re: jcf1957]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Happy Canada Day Brother's

Stay strong
Mike

#234948 - 07/01/08 01:47 PM Re: Happy Canada Day [Re: mogigo]
hogan_dawg Offline

Today is Canada Day!

I'm dancing I'm dancing! Whoa naked dancing!

Now I'm standing on my head, naked and dancing! Yeah it's Canada Day and I've got a big fat puffy!

Whooo ha! Naked standing on my head dancing Canada Day!

lol

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/01/08 01:55 PM)

#234949 - 07/01/08 01:51 PM Re: Happy Canada Day [Re: hogan_dawg]
hogan_dawg Offline

Just having fun guys, peace. \:\) It IS a pretty cool place to live. Since anti patriotism pervades our society I thought the above joke was worth trying out!

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/01/08 02:04 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.