Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (healingsoul, Bluedogone, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441298 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#234841 - 07/01/08 02:32 AM My story was published in a newspaper recently!
eyeslikeapisces Offline
New Here

Loc: NC
I have been working with a newspaper in my state that is gay and lesbian friendly, about having my story printed (as it's my mission to be a voice for male survivors!) and it was finally printed (after 8 months) the past couple of weeks in two parts, and I thought I would share these online links for you guys.

~*Warning Part I does contain graphic details and should be skipped if that will trigger you.*~

~*Part II focuses more on the aftermath with the hospital,the police and society in general*~
Part I
http://www.q-notes.com/2008/05/31/male-rape-victim-shares-his-story/
Part II
http://www.q-notes.com/2008/06/14/male-rape-victim-shares-his-story-part-two/

Edited by eyeslikeapisces (07/01/08 02:35 AM)

#234867 - 07/01/08 07:37 AM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: eyeslikeapisces]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Brian,

Telling your story took a lot of courage and I'm glad you did it. I hope it helped you. It's a dramatic way of rejecting the shame and blame and more people need to hear such stories.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#234870 - 07/01/08 07:51 AM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: eyeslikeapisces]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks for sharing your story with us and the world. it takes a lot of courage to go public. i salute you bro!

ron

#234926 - 07/01/08 11:48 AM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: Sans Logos]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Thanks for sharing your story. You are a very brave man!

I am sure this was not easy for you.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#234935 - 07/01/08 01:01 PM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: KENKEN]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Right on, eyeslikeapices! I think it really is amazing to see someone make a move like that and shows everyone how far it's possible to get with regards to moving past the shame that keeps one silent.

#234955 - 07/01/08 02:17 PM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: eyeslikeapisces]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks eyeslikeapisces! This took a huge amount of courage to come forward with. Thank you for your brave willingness to put a light on the dark subject of male rape. I am saddened that society still wants to turn a blind eye toward such crimes or even worse, as was stated in the article, some states such as North Carolina don't even have a crime on the books for male rape. With your help and the help of others, including MaleSurvivor, we can put an end to this injustice.

Mike

#235451 - 07/03/08 10:48 AM Re: My story was published in a newspaper recently! [Re: Barkabus]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Excellent job on informing the world about this hard subject. With the internet your story and mien can be see by the world. Maybe people will begin to understand that the laws have to change.

Tom

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.