Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, OCN, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63783 Topics
445413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#234284 - 06/28/08 10:29 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: duncanUK]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: duncanUK
I believe and its only a belief. I do not want to offend anyone on this thread. That god and the devil are the same entity if they do exist. We are shaped in gods image and we can do great good and do evil at the same time.

I wonder if god has abandoned this world at left "his" flock to the wolves. Humans have corrupted the true word of god to their own ends. The bible is no longer the word of god. I have seen a rise in the hate preached by the church against homosexuals. Surely god would not allow this!! god is all loving.

Hi Duncan,
I believe your on to something.

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 12:28 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#234287 - 06/28/08 10:41 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: blueshift]
dking777 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: blueshift
Yeah that's the word I was looking for. The Creed. Take that out, replace the hymn singing with some hand clapping finger snapping, James Brown style black gospel,..maybe take half an hour off the sermon, and you got a church I might just check out.

Hi blueshift,
I am at an age where I am looking back on my life for the first time.

Edited by dking777 (10/25/09 12:28 AM)

Bittersweet Symphony

#234293 - 06/28/08 11:13 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: FormerTexan]
nina Offline

Loc: South Fl
I do believe in an afterlife with some kind of "higher spirits", because if I didn't then all the crap would be all there is. You have to believe there is more. I don't think there will be angels with harps or my old granny, but there will be peace and light and knowledge and none of this will matter. Find something bigger than you to believe it, it is the only thing saving my life.

#234303 - 06/28/08 12:28 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: thecoopstah]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Yes, there is a God.

But there is also a strong personal evil personality.

There is a battle on. Lots of us are the casualties.

This is the briefest outline of it.

If you like to read, try The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis

Puffer

#234320 - 06/28/08 03:28 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: pufferfish]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
This may offend some people. I don't believe in God. It's so obvious to me that there's nothing out there. Each culture creates its own diety, to explain things it cannot understand, not only physical phenomena, but the wantonness and emotional complexities inherent in life.

I used to look down on religious people. I realized recently, actually from some of my posts here, that I am no different than they are. I'm twenty-six, and ever since the abuse, starting at eight, I've believed that love would save me. I'll find wholeness with love. I'll find the peace that's eluded me my entire life. Replace "Love" with "God," and I sound like a bona fide zealot.

The thing is, I still believe it! I cannot "deprogram" myself. It comforts me in my darkest hours. It gives me a reason to go on, and to be a better person.

So, to all you religious people out there, we can't let the issue be divisive. Everyone needs to believe in something, it justs manifests differently.

#234322 - 06/28/08 03:50 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: pufferfish]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Hey Puffer;

Excellent book ("The Screwtape Letters"). C.S. Lewis wrote a second book to conclude the Screwtape Letters. It's entitled :
("Screwtape Proposes A Toast")

Is There A God ? I'm sure everybody has asked this to themselves; particularly those of us who are deeply wounded and struggling inside. Bewlayb1; have you ever read the biblical story of Job in the Old Testament ? It's worth the read. Perhaps it won't bring a cure all or answer all your troubling questions but I think there are a vast number of people in this world can easily identify.
with this story. Strangely; you don't have to be embroiled in a personal affliction to see that your not alone in this world.

Who sees God ? It certainly is not the proud and vainglory.
I'm only beginning to see that it is through the virtue of embracing humility that you see life with a new set of eyes that are better than the eyes seen through primitive flesh.
Humility is the key to all understanding beyond this primitive earthly concern.

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#234323 - 06/28/08 03:51 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: FormerTexan]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
coop,
that is a decision we each have to make for ourselves.
that is why HE gave us the freedom of choice.
HE wants us to love him and each other because we want to not because we have to.
GOD is love.
mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.