Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
6 registered (finallyhere, md4e, Johnnygolightly, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63375 Topics
443148 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#218387 - 04/15/08 07:47 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: MarkK]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: MarkK
Originally Posted By: VLinvictus
Jews kinda learned the hard way not to expect miraculous Divine deliverance from on high.

passover
pillar of fire
parting of the red sea
walls of Jericho
manna from heaven
Elijah and the prophets of Baal (lightening from heaven)
sun standing still

just thinking outloud

No, you're right. It's just a pity none of those really cool Cecil B. DeMille-sque type things have happened lately, say 70 years ago or so...

#218428 - 04/15/08 10:28 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: VLinvictus]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i dunno
to me May 14, 1948 was rather impressive

but i guess i quit looking for Cecil B DeMille type things and started listening for the "still, small voice".

m

#218516 - 04/16/08 10:07 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: MarkK]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I hear you, and I agree to a point, but the boxcars, gas chambers, and crematoria are pretty hard to overlook.

#218534 - 04/16/08 12:18 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: VLinvictus]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Coop
I read with interst your question about God. I have had a hard time with that at times also. For me and I can not speak for any one else...I do believe in God and all of his glory. I belive the word of God (bible) is his own words..As I read I see the hope of a new life. I have seen his power in action when no one could explain ie how my son layed in a comb for 6 months and woke up to live a nomal life..
All I know is that God is love and he loves us very much. the fact we went through what we did I dont understand, saying that I have been able to touch kids because I have been through it and help them survive. so maybe there is something in that.
You did bring up a very good question and thank you for that.
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#218630 - 04/16/08 09:33 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: thecoopstah]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I'M CURIOUS AS TO WHY IS IT THAT A POST I POSTED AND STARTED GO FROM FEW REPLIES TO AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MATTER AND RAMBLE SESSION AND ALTOGETHER IN AN ENTIRELY TWISTED DIRECTION.........

BY THE WAY DON'T GIVE ME THIS " THIS SITE IS FOR WHOEVER WANTS TO POST AND YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THAT"........

I COULD CARE LESS....I DO HOWEVER LIKE THE IDEA I CERTAINLY OPENED UP A CAN OF WORMS AND YOU WONDER WHY I HAVE SOOOOOO MANY ISSUES WITH ......GOD.

COOP

#218926 - 04/18/08 03:41 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: VLinvictus]
GWsurvives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Atlanta, and here, among othe...
After growing up in the Baptist Church... and after my abuse.. I have a hard time with a "Christian" god. I want to believe there is a God... but if I believe the bible, then God doesn't give a shit about me. Maybe he was too busy granting someone eles prayers for a raise, a new car, a new house, job, etc... to hear the pleas of an 11 year old boy. A boy that was SCREAMING for god to save him from what was happening. TOO BUSY!!!

Take good care,

GW

#234184 - 06/27/08 09:37 PM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: GWsurvives]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations

Edited by Robbie Brown (06/27/08 10:13 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#234247 - 06/28/08 02:34 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: GWsurvives]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

As I said once before: If there had been a God the back half of the Titanic would have floated, and before the Carpathia got there, a divine wind would have come up, and a lot of the privleged cheaters in the lifeboats would have gone to the bottom of the lagoon, as atonement for their sins.

An awfully lot of very deserving people have prayed in vain over many years.

Don't want to rock the boat, so to speak, just want to show some support.

Mark

#234251 - 06/28/08 03:55 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: Trucker51]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I believe and its only a belief. I do not want to offend anyone on this thread. That god and the devil are the same entity if they do exist. We are shaped in gods image and we can do great good and do evil at the same time.

I wonder if god has abandoned this world at left "his" flock to the wolves. Humans have corrupted the true word of god to their own ends. The bible is no longer the word of god. I have seen a rise in the hate preached by the church against homosexuals. Surely god would not allow this!! god is all loving.

Humans have become their own gods. I hear the christians at work talking about how HIV/AIDS is the wrath of god etc...

I say to them that surely god is not that cruel and that they are the ones who are truly lost.

#234253 - 06/28/08 04:49 AM Re: Is there a god........???.........who cares [Re: duncanUK]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

It was back around 1970 when one of the big NYC magazines startled the entire Christian world with their "Is God Dead?" cover. And you are right, there has been a tremendous rise over many years in hatred of and fear of anyone who does not agree with or is different from the way the Christian right thinks. They have become more and more intolerant and outraged. It is like no one but them should have any freedom to make their own decisions. Our morals should be decided for us by the moral minority.

A few days ago on CNN, right after Heinz had pulled their ad, there was a discussion over their action. The one guy had a very good, professional, politically-correct, and sensitive arguement. But he got shouted down as is usual lately by another deeply-offended southern Christian who obviously thought that only southern Christians should be allowed to determine everyone else's morals for them. It is almost frightening how much hatred and intolerance is exhibited by the radical Christian right these days.

I know, an awful lot of seawater is in the bottom of the boat now. We better start bailing.

Mark

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.