Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64192 Topics
447958 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#233938 - 06/26/08 09:56 PM Re: Sex Offender Wins $57 Million [Re: Thomas J]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I gotta agree with Thomas here guys...he should be forced to pay into the Victims Fund or something...hopefully he's tarred with the Megan's Law brush so he can't live too close to another source of victims.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#234234 - 06/27/08 11:43 PM Re: Sex Offender Wins $57 Million [Re: Thomas J]
erkspowa1978 Offline
New Here

Loc: Spokane, Washington
I have a really hard time believing that those kind of men can be changed.
Once a dog tastes blood he wants it again.
Will he want to taste again?
As a nation of laws shouldnt his victims have the right to sue civily?

#234270 - 06/28/08 09:23 AM Re: Sex Offender Wins $57 Million [Re: Thomas J]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Thomas J
ok u lost me walkingsouth. i dunno what all those words mean. but the guy won like lots of money so now he dont gotta work he can buy a nice place t take kids now sry but i think that sucks. even if nobody agrees with me i think it sucks. tj

You're right, TJ. It does suck. No two says about it. Thing is, I have a choice to make at this point. I can get angry about it, vent and rage, take that anger out on the kids and the dog, or I can realize there's not much I can do about the bastard winning all that money.

Once I've realized that I can then decide what there is I can do about this and similar problems that come up in the future. I can contact my state legislator and lobby him for laws that might make it so his winnings go to victims of crime, perhaps, or I can find various other ways to channel my energy in a way that is helpful to child victims of sexual abuse.

It's just that it's clear to me that anger is pretty useless because as Christopher says, it's a secondary emotion that covers up the real stuff, the stuff that can really do us some good if we focus there instead of on the anger.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.