Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (skyguy, Greg56), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#233981 - 06/27/08 12:18 AM Re: Parents response - may trigger [Re: NWcats]
NWcats Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Hi guys,
Well I thought I should end the loop on this. Here's the letter I sent tonight to my folks. After praying about this a lot, I settled on this approach suggested by a good friend.
I hope for the best with this, but I'm not convinced it will be received with anything but anger.
Peace, Jackson

Dear Mom and Dad,

Itís taken me some time to respond to you. My hope is to respond from a position of love and not anger.

I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is for you to be confronted with an impossible choice. If you accept Ben's version of our childhood events, then you must believe that I am malevolent and untruthful. If you accept my version of the truth, you would have to believe things of Ben that are even worse.

Now, I am not asking you to take sides or choose between Ben and me. Rather I ask you to suspend judgment and open yourselves to the possibility of an independent relationship with each of us, understanding that at this point in time, Ben and I cannot have a shared relationship with you.

In your letter, you reiterated an expression of unconditional love for me. I want you to know that I love the two of you unconditionally, as well.

I care about you and your health and wellbeing and do not wish to be out of communication and contact with you. This last year has been difficult for all of us, but I am committed to working with you toward reconciliation and I hope and pray that both of you will agree to do the same.

With love,

Jackson

#233988 - 06/27/08 01:13 AM Re: Parents response - may trigger [Re: NWcats]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Jackson,

You took the high road. That's a very good letter. It allows them maintain relationships with both of their sons if they choose. I don't think they could ask any more of you.

Brian

#233992 - 06/27/08 02:31 AM Re: Parents response - may trigger [Re: Brian]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Jackson,

I think that your letter shows a level of sophisticated personal growth and understanding. I can only hope that the outcome brought on by this letter is of similar understanding, love and commitment as you have shown.

For some reason my entire living room smells like a bounce dryer sheet. I'm not sure why.

~Bri

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.