Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#233714 - 06/26/08 08:31 AM Re: star treking.... [Re: dark empathy]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I met David Tennant and he was to going to give me his autograph but the security guard was strict (i've seen him twice, i was like standing a couple of metres away from him and nobody else was around besides his crew because he just finished a scene, no fans or anything- it is easy to know where they are filming too because they always use the intials of the directors name on yellow signs- shh- and they point to the set) he looks just like he looks on tv lol, i have watched him film lots of times, and catherine tate with him, but not because i like Dr who or anything, it is just they seem to film everywhere by me, they film in streets all around me all the time (there is a studio down the hill- bbc i think, and they sometimes just bring all their trailers down the road & set up cranes and things for the cameras around the streets) and in buildings that i also use, i had my exam in the building from that episode where all the aliens met to see the Earth blow up or whatever it was, the big space station they were in (they use the same buildings for completely different scenes too, they made the "space station" look like rome for another episode), they film lots of programmes near me for some reason, and we are nowhere special so that is strange, my friend sometimes goes to watch them film so he has all kinds of footage of daleks invading and things before it is on tv and he also has a friend who has connections in the studio so he gets clips from there before they are released too

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#233720 - 06/26/08 08:48 AM Re: star treking.... [Re: king tut]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Wow! I'm immensely jealous. unfortunately my only contact with David tenant, ---- or at least my by proxi contact was a litle scary owing to the tactlessness of my friend.

He was going to see David Tenant switch on the Blackpool iluminations. As a joke I said he should bring Tenants head back to go over my mantlepiece, ---- then I realized he could no longer play Dr. who minus a head, so perhaps some less essential part of him would work better as an ornament, ---- maybe a toe, ---- or just some hair.

unfortunately I should've remembered that my friend is both amazingly tactless, and strangely lucky when it comes to getting into random things.

So not only did he get a long chat with David tenant, but he actually asked him for some part of himself to go in his friend's flat, ---- he did add that it should be a part that wasn't essential to him playing Doctor who.

so now, David tenant thinks I'm an Axe murderer, lol!

apparently he took it quite well, and just pointed out that he needed all his fingers and hair to continue playing the part.

I really should've thought better, this is afterall the same friend who innocently tells the Us customes that he's got no plans to blow up the country, ---- and the fact that he's also slightly arabic in appearence doesn't help either.

By the same tocan, it was this friend who got me the Davros collection for christmas, ----- so he's not all bad, just really exasperating!

#233818 - 06/26/08 02:44 PM Re: star treking.... [Re: dark empathy]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
OK guys,

I have a friend who works with me that is a Dr. Who "zelot". He's really into all this stuff.

When he talks about it, my eyes kind of glaze over because I haven't got a clue what he's talking about. This thread is starting to get that way for me. BUT... he has asked me to mention that he is a huge collector of Dr. Who figures and memorabilia. He is a major collector, so if any of you have plans to clean your flat, and get rid of some Dr. Who stuff, please let me know in a PM.

As I type this, he is telling me about some of the really wild stuff he has. Like:

*A Jon Pertwee autographed card which was pack pulled from the Connerstone series 2 trading card set.

*Personal photos of himself with Jon Pertwee, Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker.

*A Dr. Who Operation game in mint condition.

*A 1965 Cowan Dalek Coin Box mint condition still in the original box.

*And a remote control Davros.
(he still loves to play with it)

(he's still telling about other stuff, but I don't have the time to put it all down here)

So, as you guys can see I am working with a Dr. Who psycho!!!! \:D

OMG.... Now he is telling me to ask if anyone has an Original Boxed Rolykin from the mid 60's.

and a War of the Daleks Board Game, in the original box with all the pieces.

Ohhhhhhh.... please, (my god I should have never mentioned this thread to him) ....now he wants me to also ask if you guys know anything about the rumors that Tenant may not be coming back as the Dr.? Or if he is, will he have a new assistant? Or if he's not, who is rumored to be replacing him?

Help!!!!!!

Now he wants to know how much the Davros collection was, and if it is still available? If it is, would someone be willing to buy it and ship it to him? He'll send money to you first. His ears really perked up when I mentioned the chess set, is that still available, and if it is, how much? (shhhhh don't tell him, but I may be interested in buying some of this for him, as a gift)

OK... wow, did I get him all excited, but now a customer has come in and allowed me to put an end to this post. (he's busy helping the customer)
So I guess if you guys want to contact me, just send me a PM.

(I am soooooo out of my element on this topic) \:D

Luv ya all,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#233839 - 06/26/08 03:38 PM Re: star treking.... [Re: Scoutvictim]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
OMG........

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, and Lewis... you guys started this!

He's now going on about Capt. Jack and the whole Torchwood show!!!!!

Any info about it would be welcome also.

Thanks,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#233842 - 06/26/08 03:56 PM Re: star treking.... [Re: Scoutvictim]
duncanUK Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wouldn't mind having the Tardis. \:\) i wonder if that can be arranged? \:\)

#233857 - 06/26/08 05:29 PM Re: star treking.... [Re: duncanUK]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Oooopse Carl, didn't mean to drop you in it there, ---- er sorry.

Unfortunately I'm sort of the wrong generation to get into the hole Dr. who collectables bit, growing up in the 80's, ----- in fact the original series of Dr. who was canceled when i was 7 in 1989, I was just lucky that my parents got sky a few years later and they showed a lot of Dr. who on Uk gold.

the chess set isn't a Doctor who one, ---- though that would be amazingly, unbelieveabley cool, it's a lord of the rings one, ---- though stil hopefully cool! I'm probably even more a Lotr fan than Dr. who, --- but methinks that needs it's own topic.

anyway, reguarding the Davros box set, from what my friend said, it's pretty limited edition, ---- he bought it for me while in London, and I'm not certain where you'd get a copy unfortunately, though i can ask my friend where he got it when i see him next week.

I've heard the same thing Rumer wise reguarding David Tenant, but I really! hope it's not true, sinse for one thing, the doctor is going to be running out of regenerations soon, and for another as I said, I really! like tenant as the doctor.

I wasn't as much a fan of Martha jones, she just seemed like a more useless version of Rose, but I like the way things have gone with the current assistant, and I hope she stays, ---- though as Billy piper is coming back as rose apparently, I'm not sure what will be happening there.

Can I please ask people to avoid the dr. who spoilers about these last three episodes, annoyingly, my rp group meets on saturday evenings, so I have to get my parents to video Dr. who for me, so that I can run a major marathon when I get back.

Oh, as far as Dr. who goes, --- particularly understanding what goes where, I love this site:

http://www.drwhoguide.com/who.htm

Oh, and as to Torchwood, with the ending being moderately conclusive and Davies stepping down as producer and chief writer, I'm not sure if we'll get another series, sinse I sort of got the idea that Torchwood is Davies pet project.

oh heck! Really sorry, I'm rambling! as you can tell, i like my weerd sf, --- and fantasy and such.

#234551 - 06/29/08 11:51 PM Re: star treking.... [Re: dark empathy]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Make sure you tell your friend there Carl that I'm gettin me an authentic replica 4th Doctor scarf!! Full size and all the same colors and the identical yarn!!!! ;-) That should make him crap his pants a bit!!

#234558 - 06/30/08 01:22 AM Re: star treking.... [Re: JustScott]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I used to have a model of the original Enterprise a lot like the one from Texas. It had a green light where the lower phaser pod was. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by a huge bomb the same day that my model of the aircraft carrier Oriskany exploded and burned down to the waterline in the lake behind my folk's house. Somebody way overfilled the little toy ship with way too much gasoline then pushed it out into the lake. When it was 50 feet from shore, bobbing gently in the light chop and trailing a fuel slick behind it, the bad kid tossed a match in. Wish that I had a high-speed camera rolling, probably could have used the footage to show the demise of some luckless Japanese carrier in a low-budget war movie. Last year I bought a 3 foot long RC model of a World War II Fletcher-class destroyer. Anybody remember how to put it together?

Just to let all of our younger members know: Juvenile firestarting is considered a serious problem these days.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.