Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#233809 - 06/26/08 02:20 PM Theophostics?
jacob77 Offline

Loc: Northern CA
Does anyone know anything about Theophostics?
A friend of mine introduced me to it,but I'm bunrned out on buying books right now.

Jacob

#233823 - 06/26/08 02:58 PM Re: Theophostics? [Re: jacob77]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophostic

I read some of the websites. Sounds like a combination of recovered memory and EMDR. I guess the answer depends on how deep your faith is in their God.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#233827 - 06/26/08 03:08 PM Re: Theophostics? [Re: LN3(SS)]
hogan_dawg Offline

Sounds like bullshit but so do a lot of therapies on the face of it. Might even ruin your chances for a Police case if it's found that theophostics helps you construct or confabulate memories.

I'm curious about EMDR but still haven't seen a coherent explanation of how it works. To my mind, I want to know why a therapy works before I subject myself to it.

Edited by hogan_dawg (06/26/08 03:13 PM)

#233835 - 06/26/08 03:25 PM Re: Theophostics? [Re: hogan_dawg]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
check out
http://www.emdr.com/
EMDR didn't work for me, mostly because I have a lazy eye. But the theophostics brings in an element of religion that seems to invalidate a lot of the gains that seem to be realized by the light part of the therapy.

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#233841 - 06/26/08 03:51 PM Re: Theophostics? [Re: LN3(SS)]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
Theophostics is not for everyone, but it is similar to EMDR in ways. I've gone through a couple of sessions of it and did see that it can be helpful for some. The facilitator would need to be a match for you in that you can get through it. In my experience they were not judgemental of me and my answers to the things that were asked. It was not a "NOw YOU'RE HEALED" kind of thing, it was a progression and that wasn't near being an expectation. It does attack a lot of Spiritual warfare and other key things of faith so you would have to understand and be grounded in some things.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#233855 - 06/26/08 05:17 PM Re: Theophostics? [Re: usmc97]
testingWaters Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel a moral obligation to point out, as someone who got very hurt in my own experience trying to make certain WP pages more balanced to say that in my experience, WP is a very, very, very bad place to try and get information about anything related to CSA. At the very least, always make sure to click on a page's "discussion" section and "history" section to see what the debates are about the issue.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.