Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
7 registered (Obi, finallyhere, 4 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63787 Topics
445434 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#233651 - 06/26/08 03:03 AM VERY ILL GRANDCHILD
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
My grand son is about 21 months old . He was diagnoised with "West Syndrome" . most likely he will die before he is 3
how do you deal with knowing that he will die in the next year. and he lives in pain every day.
I thought that being a male rape victom was hard to deal with .
but watching a small child suffer and I can't help him is the hardest thing that i have ever had to do . I feel helpless and my heart is breaking

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#233656 - 06/26/08 03:38 AM Re: VERY ILL GRANDCHILD [Re: OKIE MIKE]
Brian Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Upstate NY
Michael,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandson. The parents of this child must be devastated. I couldn't even imagine what they must be feeling. I would suggest that you spend as much time with him (and them) as possible. Make every moment as special as you can so he (they) knows that his grandfather loves and cherishes him (as every child deserves).

Stories like this give me a different perspective on my own life. I spend way too much time complaining and wasting precious time I could be spending on things that really matter.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Brian

#233663 - 06/26/08 04:41 AM Re: VERY ILL GRANDCHILD [Re: Brian]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
That really is a heart breaker. I wish I had something helpful to say. PM me if you need someone to talk to. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well.

#233731 - 06/26/08 09:48 AM Re: VERY ILL GRANDCHILD [Re: blueshift]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Michael,

How sad, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And I thought I had problems. Nothing compared to what you are dealing with.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#233781 - 06/26/08 12:47 PM Re: VERY ILL GRANDCHILD [Re: KENKEN]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
This is so hard Michael.

Peace to You and your Grandson.

Mark

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#233786 - 06/26/08 12:57 PM Re: VERY ILL GRANDCHILD [Re: markgreyblue]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Your pain is unimaginable and you have my best hopes. Make sure that every oppurtunity you have to spend time with your grandchild is used and fulfilled to the best of your ability so you can be grateful for the time that you had with him. I would also suggest, if you like to listen to country music, listening to Sherrie Austin's song "Streets of Heaven".

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.