Well...would you agree that:
none of us wants to recast our own very personal experiences thru the filter of another person's biased point of view. rob, i do not mean this as an attack, but at some point i have to ask, regarding your beliefs, who are you trying to convince, us or you? i would really like to get to know you and understand you, but i feel it not possible because of my own past experiences with religiosity.
1) there are AMPLE and regular
attacks and slams on Christian faith and Christians here and in the media? If not, I can dig up hair-curling examples. I think we saw one here at MS yesterday with some pretty rough elements.
I mean, when someone says "I fucking hate Jesus" I don't think it too wild an idea to offer another survivor's perspective on same?
Furthermore, since Christianity is regularly
blamed for CSA (which it clearly, in-arguably is blamed), don't you think I ought to at least attempt to be clear that my Christianity does not contain elements routinely present in CSA cases?
I DO feel, very
strongly, that Christianity is targeted as a category
quite unfairly. I'll go on about categories in another reply if you wish to know what I mean.
2) the "Spirituality and Survivors"
forum just might
be a place for spiritual discussion and arguments surrounding stuff here? I know that's a stretch, but gee wiz....
?...or should it be a place to complain and attack?
3) that there are big bunches of misunderstandings and variations of what is called Christianity?
4) that if I have a view that may be helpful to my brothers in healing, wouldn't I be negligent in not floating out there?
I was speaking to a Mod recently. We discussed the fact that the "Spirituality and Survivors" forum was intended as a platform for (hold yer hat), spiritual discussions. It was directly compared (directly) to the existential rationale for a "Gay" forum. BTW: I've not seen any attacks on gays in that forum. I'm sure they have existed, but certainly not with the regular challenges and attacks on Christianity.
I'm certain that there are "idiological positions" described and taken in the Gay Forum. If I don't give a hoot in hell about these issues, I don't go there. Its never shoved down my throat.
It seems as if you feel that by posting my postion and clarification, I'm shoving it down your throat.
my question to you is valid, because my impression upon reading your commentaries are that your god is standing somewhere above you with a set of commandments ready at any moment to bring crashing down on your head, rather than walking along side of you arm in arm.
THIS one realy
has me confuzzled. Please show me a citation leading to that conclusion....porfavore!...seriously....PLEEZ show me!
none of us wants to recast our own very personal experiences thru the filter of another person's biased point of view.
1) I totally fail to see how and where I ask anyone to do this.
2) that very thing does in fact go on here at MS all the time. We write-out our stories, we exchange viewpoints, we offer advice, we compare experiences, we seek wisdom from some the the professionals here and those whom have progressed greatly in their healing.Here at MS, we offer POVs and we ofter food for thought in hopes of changing their POV. Dont believe me? See what happens when someone comes to MS thinking out loud that survivors are destined to molest children. What do you suppose happens?
BTW: I think you entirely missed the subject and focal points of my original post.