Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, ethereo222, gettingstronger, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63170 Topics
441727 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#240688 - 07/28/08 10:48 AM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: Still]
petercorbett Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, I'm new to this male survivor site and trying to come to terms with myself after 69 years on this earth, I was sexually abused 60 years ago and until now have never sought help, now on this subject masturbation I am an expert, I still am a compulsuve masterbater, I (think) that I may have been introduced to it by my abuser. But for sure I was doing it at 10 yrs old, as a Catholic if I should die before going to confession I was going straight to hell. Well I was sent to a Catholic orphanage/home where i resided for (almost) four years, we were there with the exception for the summer months continually. Well I remember being very heavilly into it, every day, and we had to go to Mass every day and twice on Sundays, plus confession on Saturdays, Now being we (70) boys were living in the home we were supposed to receive communion every morning, now that would be very embarrasing to miss as why would a boy not be in the state of grace? Well I figured that if (just if) I should die before going to confession, what the heck I just might as well participate in the communion. No worring what those Brothers would think that I might have done. Plus I was doing it in (as they said) in Gods house. I am married have a son plus two grandsons and I still masturbate till this day, maybe when I start my recovery process it may help to stop.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#240742 - 07/28/08 05:10 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: Still]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Robbie Brown, THE WHOLE TOWN THOUGHT THAT!!! I HOPE YOU NO LONGER LIVE THERE. I BET NO ONE EVER SMILES IN THAT TOWN. LOL Self love is the best love, any way you look at it, you should always love yourself. Warmly, NYDAISY

#240745 - 07/28/08 05:18 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

petercorbett, I am also catholic. One thing I always remember is that God is all forgiving. Just say the word and you shall be healed. So if it was a sin(which it is not) all you would need to do is say you were sorry, my kids have been taught that you don't even have to wait for confession. You just have to ask for forgiveness and God will give it. Now you must forgive yourself, it sounds like you carry around alot of guilt around because of it. Ask yourself this, ARE YOU HURTING ANYONE BY DOING THAT? If it's not hurting anyone, then what you do is your business, and God does love you. Warmly, NYDAISY

#240850 - 07/28/08 09:43 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
hogan_dawg Offline

How bad could the punishment be anyway?

Ok let's suppose masturbating results in say 1000 years in purgatory, or some other such timeline. What would you think is an appropriate or humourous punishment for God to hand out?

A. 1000 years of weaving Kleenix and cleaning computer keypads
B. 1000 years of arm spasm where your arm looks like it's shaking a pop can whenever you introduce yourself.
C. 1000 years of Dick Cheney
4. 1000 years of fire. Hmmm...kinda worth the risk if you ask me!

Add your own punishment - win fabulous prizes! \:D

I shouldn't be irreverent without attempting to cope with Andy's question. I think Paul wasn't making a commandment, but just pointing out that if we permit something, anything, masturbation included, to get in the way of our relationship with God, it's to be avoided and that's why he's calling it 'burning passion' - just to let us know that it can become a 'never quenchable' thing.

Edited by hogan_dawg (07/28/08 10:30 PM)

#240867 - 07/28/08 10:09 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: hogan_dawg]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Peter,

What I tell the teens who ask about this is that almost every teen masturbates and many guys continue to do so into adulthood. It doesn't harm you in any way. But if a guy feels guilty about it and wants to stop, that's okay too. It's his choice. Sexual urges are natural and healthy, and for young guys who are not yet sexually active with others masturbation is a pleasant and healthy solution.

Compulsive masturbation is something else, of course. But that isn't caused by masturbation as such, but by other issues for which masturbation seems to offer a sense of release or control. But even then a guy need not feel guilty about it. The thing to do is seek professional help. A therapist won't blame the guy; he/she's seen it all, after all. The aim with be solely to help the survivor with his problem.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#240881 - 07/28/08 10:50 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: hogan_dawg]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Hogan Dawg,

You are a very funny Dawg! LOL. What do you think the punishment will be for women, when God finds out that we do it too? LOL

Should I be scared? NYDAISY

#241136 - 07/29/08 08:20 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
Stretch73 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Sea Isle City, NJ
Is masturbating at least a dozen times a day considered "compulsive?"

#241162 - 07/29/08 09:17 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: Stretch73]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Stretch73
Is masturbating at least a dozen times a day considered "compulsive?"

That's considered Olympian!

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (07/30/08 12:06 PM)

#241163 - 07/29/08 09:19 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: NY Daisy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: NY Daisy
You are a very funny Dawg! LOL. What do you think the punishment will be for women, when God finds out that we do it too? LOL NYDAISY

It will be the reciprocal of whatever the men get.

Puffer

#241171 - 07/29/08 09:29 PM Re: Masturbation and [the bible, ie, religion] [Re: pufferfish]
NY Daisy Offline
New Here

Thanks Puffer, I thought maybe he'd go easy on us. LoL

I guess I should ask for forgiveness now. LOL NYDAISY

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.