Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (stalle, WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447936 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#232925 - 06/24/08 12:47 AM Puzzle Pieces.
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is a piece my cousin wrote...it's not really poetry but not I didn't know where to put it.

Fumbling with the cardboard pieces I try to fit them together as fast as I can before the table disappears and the pieces fall to the floor changing shape, color and content. Once I think the puzzle is complete the people in the room and the table vanishes while the puzzle collapses onto the floor scattering all around the room. The time on the clock changes and now its timed. Scrambling on the floor I try to get it put together before time is called and once more I have to try again only this time the time is shortened until they've won and the puzzle is still in ruins on the floor. New people come in, the game changes, the questions change, the faces change, the room changes, everything changes. Nothing stays the same for very long. Thoughts go running crashing into each other and breaking into pieces like a puzzle while some pieces are lost as I try to put them together. It seems as though it will never be complete while it keeps growing larger and more complicated as time passes.

Jaime C.

#232930 - 06/24/08 01:18 AM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: Nyjah]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Nyjah and Jaime:

Sounds like one way to look at the changes and challenges that we all have to face and master in the game called life. It is really a beautiful and well thought-out piece.

Mark

#232932 - 06/24/08 01:41 AM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: Nyjah]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for sharing this Nyjah. This is a very good analogy. I feel like I am stuck trying to put the pieces together just like this story illustrates. VERY frustrating.

Mike

#232954 - 06/24/08 04:21 AM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: Barkabus]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Nyjah,

Please say hi to Jaime for me; I hope she's doing well. And please also tell her thanks for her writing. This one really catches the sense of confusion, tension and foreboding that we cal ll feel when we are facing a major challenge and wonder if we are up to the task.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#233050 - 06/24/08 11:35 AM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: roadrunner]
charles law Offline

Loc: perth australia
beautifully written wow thank you

#233401 - 06/25/08 04:02 AM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: charles law]
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
Sounds like poetry to me, Nyjah. I'm sure this was the perfect place for it.

#233530 - 06/25/08 04:53 PM Re: Puzzle Pieces. [Re: blueshift]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks everyone, I've passed on your comments to Jaime and she's glad she was able to share it.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.